Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Reporting To: Child Learning and Household Resilience Manager.
Grade Level: 15
Purpose of Position
To ensure successful implementation of the Livelihood and Resilience projects including; Food Security (FS), Economic Development (ED) and Environmental & Climate Change (ECC) grant and sponsorship projects, all aimed at contributing to the improved children wellbeing outcomes within the Area Programs.
L&R Grants Tracking and Reporting, 30%
- Ensure successful roll out and implementation of L&R grants at the ADP and Regional levels’ including timely start of grants projects;
- Effective follow up on L & R project implementation to ensure they are timely and as per design document and donor standards;
- Technical support rendered in analyzing and utilizing relevant monitoring data by different stakeholders to AP and grant projects teams.
- Standardized monitoring tools applied by project teams including appropriate monitoring for Child wellbeing targets;
- Lessons learned from different projects shared to enhance local planning and implementation, modifications that might be necessary at the local level suggested based on evidence and lessons learned.
- Implementation and expenditure levels regularly reviewed & tracked and work plans and budgets managed with the finance team.
- Timely follow up on implementation of project audit recommendations.
- Effective cross-functional linkages established among L & R projects and between other Technical Programs.
- Timely recruitment of Project staff supported and new staff properly oriented on L&R specific programming processes, products and specific donor requirements;
- Staff capacity built on specific grants programming guidelines as per donor specifications.
Expected End Results
- Timely and quality execution of grant projects
- Lessons learnt during project implementation are applied to improve implementation
- The projects are up to date with their expenditures without any under/overdentures
- Ensure that all audit queries are responded are acted upon and/or responded to on time
- The incoming project staff understand the project well as well as WVK systems that will ensure effective implementation.
Quality Assurance and Technical Support, 20%
- Ensure assessments, designs, monitor and evaluation of Projects in alignment with set standards realized;
- Ensure that Project designs and implementation plans are reviewed and appraised;
- Timely and relevant analysis and recommendations provided to project leadership and staff ;
- Ensure well-coordinated baselines and evaluation processes and participation in these events;
- Implementation of established guidelines and policies monitored for critical milestones in the life cycle of L&R projects during surveys, reviews, evaluations and reports.
- Management and donors notified of any significant changes through regular communication.
- Relevant data from across area programs and grant projects collated, analyzed and interpreted in a systematic way
- Regular narrative and financial progress reports prepared and shared (monthly, quarterly, semi- annual and annual reports) with the NO, Government, SO, donors and other partners.
- Support baseline surveys/assessments/situational analysis on L&R needs, community including reviewing of ToRs and Supply Chain Management in recruitment of Consultants.
- M & E plans are compiled and indicator tracking tables are tracked and updated.
- Appropriate use of information management systems for L&R grants for management decision making;
- Tracking of the set targets and report on project’s contribution to the Well-Being of children
- Documentation of all projects initiatives for accountability well-coordinated;
- Lessons learned from monitoring shared with national office operations staff in a way that supports ongoing learning and development
- The L&R projects profiled internally and externally in liaison with the Communications department;
Expected End Results
- Timely and quality execution of project M&E activities
- Donor guidelines and expectations are met
- Cross learning among projects enhanced for synergy;
- Donors are updated on the progress in the implementation of their projects
- Completed projects reports are consistent with National Office strategic objectives and WV standards and donor requirements
- Effective management of project data at national level.
- Projects are well documented for marketing and sharing of experiences;
- Best practices in RFNS well documented and shared with donors through WVI channels
Resource Acquisition 25%
- Ensure timely and accurate funding proposals are developed in line with donor requirements and WVK standards in collaboration with the other L&R sector specialists and RAM;
- Calls and queries by Government, Donors and Support Offices on the projects effectively responded to in coordination with RAM and L & R leadership
- Concepts and proposals to deepen and scale up the impact of the projects and other livelihood initiatives developed in close liaison with RAM and the other L&R team
Expected End Results
- All planned activities are sufficiently funded with high quality grants and PNS proposal/concepts win rate (>80%)
- Meeting and/or exceeding yearly approved L&R resource/funding targets
- WV Kenya is a preferred choice for Support Offices, Donors, Government and other Partners
Advocacy, Networking and Engagement with Strategic & New Partnerships Development, 20%
- Representation of WV Kenya in key L&R stakeholder forums/meetings at the National level;
- Effective linkages and collaboration forged with key structures that include the GoK’s Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock & Fisheries, the Ministry of Irrigation, Ministry of Devolution and Planning, UN, Donors and other INGOS and International Agencies;
- Support to community led processes of monitoring public service delivery provided and Community capacity enhanced for participation in policy & advocacy;
- Effective networks established with stakeholders at County and National level
- SO and donor field visits coordinated in liaison with RAM and L & R teams,
- SO and donor queries and requests are timely and satisfactorily responded to
Expected End Results
- Effective representation of WV Kenya in appropriate fora and partnerships
- Strengthened and functioning L&R TP Strategic Partnerships & Networks
- Increased L&R Policy advancement
- Communities are mobilized and participate in L&R interventions;
- Sustained donor engagement for L&R TP resource mobilization
Other duties 5%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Agriculture/Agricultural Economics/Agribusiness/Agricultural Extension Forestry/Natural Resource Management/Environmental Studies/Livestock Production, Agricultural Engineering/Biosystems Engineering, or a closely related field from a recognized university: higher degree will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years of work experience in Livelihoods & Food Security and related sectors;
- Experience in designing, planning, implementation, supervising, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of Livelihoods and Resilience related projects;
- Experience with LEAP and WV partnership Management Information Systems such PMIS, Horizon, etc. is an added advantage.
- The holder of this position must be a results orientated leader who can handle a heavy work load as well as manage and satisfy multiple and at times conflicting organizational, donor and other stakeholder demands
- Ample experience in capacity building, public relations, be a strong team player and have good facilitation skills,
- Should have a good technical grasp of core L & R programming models and FS sector guidelines and standards
- Proficient in written and spoken English and with strong writing skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to engage at a strategic level with government and other stakeholders
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds;
- Emotional and spiritual maturity and ability to lead a team of professionals
- Independence and self -motivated.
- Budgetary and financial management skills
Method of application
Click on APPLY
Deadlines 21st March, 2021