Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Duty station Bangkok/Thailand, Amman/Jordan or Nairobi/Kenya depending on nationality of candidate and work permit considerations
Reports to Director of Programmes
Contract 1 year, renewable
Position at (%) 100%
Deadline for Application: Friday, 9 April 2021
About ACT Alliance
ACT Alliance is a coalition of more than 135 churches and affiliated organizations working together to create positive and sustainable change in the lives of poor and marginalized people regardless of their religion, politics, gender, sexual orientation, race or nationality. ACT Alliance is supported by 30,000 staff from member organizations and mobilizes about USD 3 billion for its work each year in three targeted areas: humanitarian assistance, sustainable development and advocacy action. The global ACT Alliance secretariat is based in Geneva Switzerland, Amman Jordan, Bangkok Thailand, Brussels Belgium, San Salvador El Salvador, Nairobi Kenya, New York US and Toronto Canada. The Secretariat supports the work of ACT forums and members by fulfilling key functions of connecting, facilitating, promoting and leveraging the work of members and ACT national and regional forums. For more details about the general work of ACT, please refer to http://www.actalliance.org/.
The Programme Manager will lead the development of the ACT Alliance programme on climate justice. He/she will work on the design and support of a coherent and systematic approach to issues of climate justice in ACT’s programmes; act as a programme policy advisor in planning, implementation, and monitoring of programme activities; and will be responsible for the coordination of the implementation of the ACT Alliance’s Global Climate Project 2020-2021, “Faith actors enhancing inclusive, ambitious and sustainable climate policy and action in accordance with the Paris Agreements and the Sustainable Development Goals”. The Programme Manager will consult with and advise the ACT Regional Representatives on implementing activities at national and regional levels and coordinate with the ACT Climate Justice Reference Group and the membership. This recruitment is a replacement for an existing position in an established programme and will be based in one of the ACT offices in Bangkok/Thailand, Amman/Jordan, or Nairobi/Kenya.
You will find the detailed job description here: ToR ACT Global Climate Programme Manager
Skills and experience
- · At least 5 years’ experience in a project coordination, advocacy and/or campaigns role, including international experience in a network setting.
- · Good understanding of global civil society working environment and multilateral processes within the UN with a particular focus on UNFCCC and the UN sustainable development and disaster risk reduction agenda.
- · Profound knowledge about climate mitigation, adaptation and loss and damage.
· Experience in engaging with governments and facilitating multi-stakeholder communications and dialogues.
· Experience working with the faith sector desirable.
· Advanced degree in climate change and environment studies, development studies, international relations, or any other relevant discipline.
· Demonstrated ability to work in multi-cultural situations and/or multi-locational settings using a flexible, collaborative approach.
· Demonstrated competency to build and maintain trust among diverse groups towards consistent collaborative work.
· Highly organised, with strong project management skills.
· Demonstrated experience in developing and undertaking capacity building initiatives.
· Ability to manage one’s own work and time within the context of multiple responsibilities and projects, and a demonstrated capacity to work under pressure to deadlines.
· Excellent English written and verbal communication skills. Good knowledge of Spanish, French an asset.
We offer: An exciting role with real impact in an established project and dedicated team. International employment conditions and salary package including diverse allowances and pension fund. Professional travel is to be expected.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a cover letter, in English and by email only, to email@example.com by Friday, 9 April 2021. Please put “Global Climate Justice Programme Manager” in the subject line and name your documents “Firstname lastname CV” and “Firstname lastname Cover letter”.
Please note that due to the large number of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.