Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT) is a voluntary charitable nongovernmental organization, registered in Kenya as a non-profit organization in 1993. AMURT has implemented over 22 projects countrywide and has supported and worked with local communities, local administration and organizations offering development services. AMURT’s focus areas are emergency relief, OVC support, education, health care, income generation and capacity building, HIV/AIDS, MNCH, TB control, Nutrition, WASH and Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD) in 9 counties. AMURT is located in Central region, Nyanza region, Samburu County and Coastal region of Kenya.
AMURT recently won an award for KENYA HEALTH PARTNERSHIPS FOR QUALITY SERVICES (KHPQS)-OVC/DREAMS program, and seeks to recruit the following positions based in Mombasa and Kilifi Counties.
Technical Lead –HES will have the overall responsibility to provide technical guidance ad leadership on delivery of all HES interventions for the project. S/he will provide expert guidance on appropriate programmatic approaches to prepare OVC households in expanding their economic abilities through structured initiatives. S/he will also design and implement innovative approaches for AGYW to succeed in the workforce/self-employment and connect AGYW to employment opportunities. This will also entail establishing and strengthening partnerships with private sector as an element of success.
- Reporting to the DCOP, S/he will be responsible for the coordination and management of the economic strengthening pillar for the project, including managing of the HES work planning as well as overseeing all the trainings, work opportunity linkages and private sector engagement.
- Responsible for the technical oversight over the implementation of the OVC/DREAMS Economic Strengthening component of the program and ensure highest technical standards, adopt innovative programmatic approaches and contribute to the overall OVC/DREAMS strategic objectives.
- Active engagement with key stakeholders such as Private Sector, Agencies, Government, Developmental Sector to secure linkage opportunities for OVC caregivers and AGYW in various pathways
- Supervision of staff and ensuring OVC caregivers and AGYW are successfully linked to economic empowerment opportunities, employment, entrepreneurship, wage internship, learnership and vocational training.
- Provides expert advice on a coordinated, streamlined and effective organizational strategy to meet the OVC/AGYW HES targets.
- Oversees the monitoring of project activities, providing technical assistance to project staff and sub-grantees when necessary.
- Provides overall quality assurance on technical design and implementation.
- Actively liaise with OVC/DREAMS implementing partners, NGOs and other civil society partners, County government, and private sector to cultivate strategic relationships and alliance.
- Masters in Social Sciences / Economics, or any related field,
- At least 8 progressive years of experience as a specialist working in Economic Strengthening or Workforce in Kenya
- Demonstrated experience linking youth and AGYW to employment or entrepreneurship activities
- Demonstrated experience linking with private partners
- Demonstrated knowledge of the potential private sector support landscape for AGYW and caregivers in Kenya.
- At least five years demonstrated PEPFAR experience in managing and supervising a team preferred
- Strong familiarity with PEPFAR and USAID policies, procedures, rules, regulations and reporting requirements
- Proven leadership and inter-personal skills and ability to build and motivate diverse and talented teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Up to 70% of the time to Tujitegemee project sites.
Key Working Relationships:
- Supervisory: senior HES officers
- Reports to DCOP
- External: Private Sector Providers, Community, LIPs and relevant GOK departments
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to email@example.com by 25th March 2021 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number as the email subject. Interview will be done on a rolling basis and Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
“AMURT is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child safe guarding.”