Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT) is a voluntary charitable non-governmental organization, registered in Kenya as a non-profit organization in 1993. AMURT has implemented over 22 projects countrywide and has supported and worked with local communities, local administration and organizations offering development services. AMURT’s focus areas are emergency relief, OVC support, education, health care, income generation and capacity building, HIV/AIDS, MNCH, TB control, Nutrition, WASH and Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD) in 9 counties. AMURT is located in Central region, Nyanza region, Samburu County and Coastal region of Kenya.
AMURT recently won an award for KENYA HEALTH PARTNERSHIPS FOR QUALITY SERVICES (KHPQS)-OVC/DREAMS program, and seeks to recruit the following positions based in Mombasa and Kilifi Counties.
The DREAMS Technical Lead will provide technical leadership for high-quality, evidence-based DREAMS programming and service delivery for targeted AGYW. He/she will inform the project’s social and structural change approaches to HIV prevention in high-prevalence settings, as well as appropriate combination prevention and youth livelihoods strategies and interventions. He/ she will have expertise in prevention activities for adolescents and youth, new prevention technologies, evidence-based implementation theory and methodologies, and effective social and behavioral change communication (SBCC), and biomedical approaches to HIV prevention. He/she will work closely with Technical lead, HIV health and social services to strengthen capacity to deliver evidence based interventions.
Technical Design and Management:
- Provide technical leadership in developing strategies and interventions to improve the quality and responsiveness of DREAMS programming Focusing on vulnerable adolescents and youth), including SBCC and bio-medical approaches to HIV prevention
- Monitor implementation of HIV prevention and youth livelihoods interventions and provide oversight to local implementing partner implementation plans and budgets.
- Provide technical assistance and mentorship to staff, facilitate technical capacity assessments in efficacious, evidence-based HIV prevention in order to identify gaps, technical capacity limitations, and priority technical assistance needs.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and monitoring of DREAMS and youth livelihoods quality improvement activities.
- Monitor and report on DREAMS quality assessment, improvement, and assurance
- Facilitate problem solving.
- Represent Tujitegemee program in County forums relevant to the technical portfolio of the position.
- Oversee communications/program material development for SBCC, IEC and Family Planning for adolescent and youth audiences.
- Supervision of key staff under the DREAMS and youth livelihoods technical area
- Perform any other prevention duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting:
- Support data verifications for indicators
- Prepare DREAMS technical reports
- Assist DCOP with coordinating monitoring and evaluation activities to ensure data supports the achievement of program objectives
- Work with DCOP to review and provide feedback on Tujitegemee plans and reports to ensure quality program reporting of results
- Contribute to program research and learning agendas related to DREAMS
- Lead the day to day delivery of the DREAMS package ensuring adherence to donor guidance, supervise and mentor staff.
Able to clearly communicate in written and spoken English and kiswahili
60% of the time to Tujitegemee project sites
Key Working Relationships:
Reports to : DCOP
Supervisory: Senior project officers DREAMS
External: Representatives of the GOK, other consortium members, LIPs, other stakeholders, and the community
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- Master’s degree in public health, Social Science, Health, Gender, International Development, or a related field.
- At least 7 years of work experience with AGYW and integrated HIV/AIDS programming in an NGO setup. Hands on experience in DREAMS programming is highly preferred.
- In-depth understanding of donor expectations for program results, outcomes, impact, and reporting especially on DREAMS.
- Experience in participatory action planning and engagement of stakeholders at various levels.
- Strong familiarity with PEPFAR and USAID policies, procedures, rules, regulations and reporting requirements
- Experience monitoring health projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Excellent understating of GOK structures.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to email@example.com by 25th March 2021 indicating current and expected Salary or click on APPLY. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number as the email subject. Interview will be done on a rolling basis and Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
“AMURT is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child safe guarding.”