Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Main purpose of the job:
Reporting to the Finance Manager of Royal Nairobi Golf Club, the Senior Accountant will be in charge of the Club’s finance/ accounting management and office administration. The office holder will oversee Finance /Accounting, stores and office Administration functions.
Particular Responsibilities Include:
Cash flow management
- Oversee debt collection
- Oversee and coordinate accounts payable and other payments
- Oversee cash disbursements in accordance with financial management policies
- Facilitates accounts receivable collections through phone calls, emails and letters.
Bank reconciliations review
- Review bank and other cash reconciliations
- Ensure reconciling items are dealt with promptly
Oversee period end closing process
- Conduct month-end closing and year-end closing activities
- Maintain balance sheet support schedules
- Review Trial balance for accuracy
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Prepare annual final accounts
- Coordinate external and internal financial audit
Fixed Assets Management
- Maintain accurate fixed assets register
- Ensure adherence to organisation’s depreciation policy
- Liaise with other department on budget proposals
- Consolidate proposals into the draft budget
- Ensure that the accountants meet their reporting obligations, and that the reports originating from them are accurate, reliable, useful and timely.
- Oversees member billing and collection procedures.
- Keep all financial records in safe custody.
- Ensure compliance and consistency with RNGC financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure that internal controls, policies and procedures are maintained and improved upon.
- Guide, manage and supervise accountants, controller and store team in general.
- Carry out any other tasks as assigned by the Finance Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce or business related studies together with professional qualifications in CPA (K)/ ACCA.
- At least three (3) years of experience managing a finance department team, preferably in hospitality sector.
- Member of ICPAK/ ACCA or a recognized accounting professional body.
- Computer literate with special skills on POS software and ERP.
- Must be a person of high integrity.
- Knowledge of payroll processing and related taxes.
- Experience with computerized accounting.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org including cover letter, current and expected remuneration and detailed resume. Deadline for application is Friday 19th March 2021 at COB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.