Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Infrastructure and Cloud Solutions, the role holder responsibilities will include Administration, Performance tuning, Capacity planning, management and 3rd line support of ALL Safaricom Enterprise Systems including Oracle eBusiness Suite (ERP), BI Systems, Loyalty Management System, Billing databases, CRM Fraud Management, Revenue Assurance, POS and all other IT database systems.
- Database administration and support life cycle including backup/recovery, automation, maintenance
- Supporting the development, system test, user acceptance, and training and production database environments.
- 99% availability maintained for all databases.
- 95% of tickets raised are responded to within the 1st hour of incident reporting.
- 90% of tickets closure maintained
- Identifying and implementing Best Practices for Database Administration.
- Design BCP and HA solutions for critical systems in order to achieve zero downtime during maintenance and failures.
- Assisting Infrastructure, EBU teams and other Technology teams with hardware and support requirements for database administration.
- Conformance to security standards for databases and data integrity
- Develop retention policies and architecture for all systems, whilst maintaining BCP.
- Regular reviews on ILM policies conducted.
- Dimensioning of systems to be done periodically based on demand experienced and projected.
- Optimal performance of all systems maintained conforming to the SLA agreements between business and Quality Assurance
- Degree in Computer Science or Technical related Field with at least 4 years hands on Experience in managing large databases Experience in Oracle RAC, Data guard and RMAN will be added advantage.
- Certification –OCP DBA; Oracle Apps Systems Administration; SQL Server Administration
- Proactive & self-motivated;
- Good public relations, communication & interpersonal.
Method of application
Click on this link APPLY