Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Manager; DevOps, the role holder responsibilities will include developing and building IT infrastructure, installing and configuring solutions, implement reusable components, translate technical requirements, assist with all stages of test data, develop interface stubs and simulators and perform script maintenance and updates.
- Designing, creating, validating and maintaining templates, playbooks, and modules for configuration management and infrastructure deployment tools leveraging open source tools with a bias to cloud native technologies
- Participating in the analysis of and document requirements for development of new or improved infrastructure automation;
- Use various tools to orchestrate solutions i.e. Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Tools.
- Build independent cloud native, web-based tools, micro services and solutions.
- Write scripts and automation using Bash/Java/Python/Groovy/Ruby
- Implement integrations requested by software engineering team.
- Deploy updates and fixes.
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve deployment cycle.
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems.
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Develop scripts to automate systems health visualization.
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Configure and manage data sources RDBS and NoSQL.
- Maintain team and project management tools such as Jira
- BSc or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
- 2+ years of experience in managing Linux based infrastructure.
- 2+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role (DevOps Certifications will be an added advantage)
- Experience and knowledge of agile methodologies
- 2+ years’ experience in DevOps processes and tools (Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, Chef/Puppet, Jenkins, NewRelic, Splunk).
- Demonstrable experience of continuous integration tools like Bamboo or Jenkins.
- Demonstrable experience of Cloud Platforms such AWS, Azure (Professional Certifications are an added advantage)
- Good knowledge of shell scripting.
- Working knowledge of programming languages such as Java or Python.
- Working knowledge of databases both RDBS and noSQL.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Team spirit and team player.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Good time-management skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills.
Method of application
Click on APPLY