Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Manager – Enterprise Systems Planning & Delivery, the role holder is responsible for development and 3rd line support of the Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application, Oracle Point of Service and bespoke oracle interfaces and software components.
He or she will work with other departments within the company to identify requirements and develop solutions (database design, workflows, user/data interfaces).
The role holder will also configure and/or customize Oracle ERP applications to meet business requirements using various database and software tools, assist in presentations of system functionality to new users and departments and enhance and create user and system documentation as needed.
- Review and provide input on design approach, performance and base functionality. Ensure integration of designs across development team and design, build & test ERP components e.g. interface, conversion and report programs;
- Appropriately monitor interfaces to oracle ERP. Provide training and support on oracle ERP modules and development tools, review & interpret technical manuals for the Oracle ERP system and assist in creating/update Oracle TAR’s;
- Ensures the effectiveness of overall systems performance;
- Design and develop front-end tier(s), middle tier(s), and /or back-end database tier(s) for business applications;
- Participate in the capturing of business applications information needs and mapping of the same to the software and /or database components;
- Perform data modeling to analyze and specify data structures within an application system;
- Support new and existing application development by creating modifications and enhancements for Oracle ERP applications and perform high level system design;
- Conduct business user requirements analysis and specification;
- Specify computer system requirements for the solution of complex business problems and formulates designs for their solutions;
- Perform the necessary technical design and development functionality to ensure that business application systems can be effectively developed and implemented;
- Interact with clients to gather and refine requirements;
- Create test plans, test data sets and perform automated testing to ensure all components of the developed systems meet specifications;
- Work directly with the IT support personnel and teams to resolve issues identified and escalated during daily operations;
- Perform root cause analysis for recurring incidents;
- Degree in Computer Science or technical related field;
- Certification in Database systems and RDBMS systems, OCA, OCP or ODI certifications;
- 3 years of work experience in Oracle ERP applications development, which includes system customization and report designs;
- Conversant with OAF development
- 3 years of development experience with Microsoft development tools e.g. Java, VB, Fox Pro, Visual FoxPro;
- 3 years of development experience with low level programming C++, C;
- 3 years of work experience with RDMS preferably MS SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, and Informix;
- Experience in data warehousing, business analysis, knowledge in Business Systems modeling and data retrieval
- 4GL for programming – Visual Basic/Oracle Application builder;
- Unix user skills;
- Experience in processes and procedures management;
Method of application
Click on APPLY