Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Corporate Security Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Corporate Security, the role holder is responsible for aggregating critical information on current, new and emerging threats to determine potential impact on Business Systems for immediate remediation and on-going security risk measurement
- The person in this functional role will need to be knowledgeable in all aspects of design and implementation of complex security infrastructure architectures.
- The role will perform the design and assist in the integration of new projects, and be expected to keep up-to-date with the latest Security trends in (but not necessarily limited to): Authentication & Authorization, Access & Identity Management, Image Hardening, Auditing, Encryption and DevOps.
- Champion research and development (R&D) efforts in the Technology Security space, thus channeling input into the Security Strategy & Innovation Roadmap
- Take part in the design and implementation of changes to the Systems Security components as needed by Technology Division.
- Lead specialist forensic investigations and information security event analysis
- Provide thought leadership in implementing hacker detection techniques
- Lead efforts in re-engineering current processes & procedures with a view to reduce Security Opex costs
- Ensure the delivery of secure-by-default designs and provide input into the products & services development lifecycle
- Provide training, knowledge, general advice and capacity building within the enterprise on topics related to Technology Security
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Eng./Computer Science/Technology Management (or equivalent) from a recognized university;
- Minimum of 4 years System Security experience – in Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Assessments, IDS/Firewalls/VPN administration, Content Filters, Security Scanning tools, Network and Systems Administration.
- Minimum of 1-year focused Security experience in Incident Management/Intrusion Analysis/Reverse Engineering.
- At least one professional Information Security Qualification: CISM/CISA/CISSP/CEH/CCSP
- Advanced Networking Competencies: CCNA/CCNP
- Proven hands-on experience in Microsoft & *nix Operating Systems
- Experience in the use of vulnerability assessment tools
- Proven experience in Cloud Technologies: Cisco UCS, EMC and VMware
- Broad familiarity with Security Technologies within other disciplines is a definite bonus
- Familiarity with Information Security Management Systems and Standards (ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of these technologies or domains will be an added advantage: Cloud Technologies (Cisco UCS, EMC and VMware), CMS (Joomla, WordPress and PHPBB), Apache, PHP, cPanel and ModSecurity
Method of application
Click on APPLY