Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Business Unit: ISAT Africa Kenya Ltd
Report to: Support Team Leader I
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
Reporting to Support Team Leader, the Technical Support Engineer – ISAT will be perform the following responsibilities:-
- Respond to all customer mails, WhatsApp, skype chats, calls & queries as per agreed SLA
- Provide Level 1 troubleshooting on customer related issues, and escalate to Tier 2 engineers in a timely manner
- Ticket logging for all customer/network related issues across all service platforms with proper updates on resolution
- Make proactive calls to clients and 24/7 proactive monitoring. Alert TL & team immediately on noticing any issue.
- Work in 24/7 shift rotation with Night duties as per Support timetable.
- Assist in commissioning of VSAT terminals as per set guidelines – Activations & Cross Pol to desired standards.
- Providing technical support to field engineers during site commissioning / site visit.
- Make Follow-ups on network downtime resolution to adhere to SLAs and providing RFOs to affected clients on time.
- Obtain accurate information from other departments e.g. sales, billing, dispatch etc. and correspond the same to customers
- Proactively recommend items needed by customers to increase customer satisfaction and improve transaction profitability
- Identify trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other members of the support team
- Provide accurate information regarding availability of service and support on the same
- Generation of weekly/monthly reports to Support Team Leader
- Handle service tickets request (ST) received from CRM as per SLA.
- Any other assignments as assigned by Team leader
Education, Skills and Experience Required
- Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunication, Information Technology, Computer Science or Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- At least 2 to 3 years’ experience in ISP (VSAT /Fiber/Broadcast) industry.
- Good knowledge on Satellite, broadcasting, Fiber and IP networks
- Knowledge on radio frequency, basic Vsat systems, antenna installation and basics IP networks troubleshooting
- Strong customer relations & demonstrated phone & email etiquette
- Experience in using network monitoring tools and protocols (cacti, Solarwinds, iDirect imonitor, SNMP).
- Ability to work well in a busy department, covering 24/7 shift rotation dealing wide range of platforms & Clients on Vsat/Fiber/Broadcast & Hosting services.
- CCNA/JUNIPER certification will be an added advantage
- Be adaptable and have the ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Analytical and problem solving Skills
- Good communication skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates to send updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title ”Technical Support Engineer” as the subject line not later than 20th March 2021.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.