Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Overall purpose of the role
The Position will be based in the Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travel to the field locations. He/she is expected to ensure effective supply chain that enables the DRC operation to meet the needs of persons of concerns as well as timely delivery of quality goods and services to persons of concern. He/She will support all activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing, transport, shipping, customs clearance, warehousing, asset and fleet management in the Regional office.
- Support the procurement process to ensure timely, cost-effective, value for money, quality and adequate delivery of commodities and services and to maintain continuous communication with requesters to this effect.
- Ensure all procurement procedures, practice, and documentation meet standards set in the DRC Operations Handbook, and in accordance with donor requirements, to bring transparency and accountability to the Supply chain processes.
- Flag bottlenecks and weaknesses in internal SC control to be addressed by management
- Liaise with DRC Finance teams regarding payments and documentation challenges.
- Ensure fair, transparent and professional dealings with all external suppliers and contractors in line with the DRC Operations Handbook
- Manage existing contracts with suppliers and contracts, and ensure supplier appraisal on a quarterly period basis
- Track all regional procurement, and provide weekly updates to relevant managers and colleagues on procurement status, with Monthly/quarterly updates to the SC Manager
- Provide induction for new staff on how to access and receive Supply Chain services at Regional office
- Lead and coordinate regional procurement activities including annual process of establishing supplier lists and framework agreements, linking with colleagues in the Regional office and different programmes
- Gap filling in country offices during emergencies or in case of position gaps.
- Cover for the Regional SC Manager when away.
- Participate in New projects kick off meetings and support in developing Procurement plans for regional programmes.
- Participate in Monthly BFU meetings with Regional programmes.
- Create vendor prospects and conduct prohibited parties search, due diligence for all new vendors and ensure they seek approvals to add new vendors from RHOSS and ensure Proper filing of all supplier’s registration documents including approvals.
- Procurement of small works and repairs at Regional office by working with Admin officer and the Regional Shelter advisor
- Complete the Regional Monthly APIs and share with SC Manager by the 10th of the following month.
- Deputize the SC Manager during Regional inductions, Regional Annual Reviews and ESMT meetings
- Processing and scheduling staff transport requests and documents delivery by ensuring proper fleet utilization and optimization while reducing wastage.
- Coordinated onward transport of goods to field offices through Proper packaging/labelling, timely scheduling and shipping documentation
- Review and sign off vehicle log sheets on a weekly basis to monitor movement usage and fuel consumption
- Manage the Genset i.e running, fuel and maintenance
- Ensure drivers conduct weekly vehicle checks
- Proper filing of all fleet documents i.e. drivers’ docs, maintenance records, fuel reconciliation, insurance docs, log sheets and log books and monthly fleet performance reports
- Coordinate with the drivers planned preventative maintenance is carried out to a high standard with minimum disruption to movement activities.
- Ensure all drivers are briefed on and adhere to DRC vehicle management policies and procedures.
- Ensure Taxi vehicles are fit for purpose and that taxi companies have the capacity to meet the contract requirements.
- Prepare and submit the monthly fleet Performance Reports (Fuel, utilization and cost per km) by the 10th of the following month
- Cover for drivers in case of very urgent or in emergency situations.
- Asset /General Programme equipment tracking by tagging, updating ID cards, Personal issue, timely updating of Central register in Dynamics to meet 100% Audit requirements
- Update and label office room inventories,
- Coordinate independent asset verification once a year
- Ensuring that all DRC assets are insured at all times
- Update DRC asset Register for all losses, donations, scrapping, Theft, Transfer and filling of relevant supportive documentation to support Audit trail.
This position reports to the Regional Supply Chain Manager
Experience and technical competencies
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or Purchasing and Supplies supported by certification from Supply chain body preferable CIPS, KISCM
- Member of Kenya institute of supplies Management. (KISM)
- At least 6-years work experience in relevant field INGO in Supply Chain management.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Good knowledge ERP Supply Chain software’s Systems is mandatory.
- Knowledge of international humanitarian and development systems, institutions and donor’s programs (including ECHO, DFID and OFDA), and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills.
- Proven commitment to accountable practices.
- Knowledge of working in challenging environments.
- Proven ability to manage large varied workloads and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations between programs & support
- Willingness to travel regularly within the region and beyond for up to 4 weeks at a short time notice and sometimes in conflict areas and physically difficult conditions.
Must be fluent in spoken and written French
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract: Nine months’ contract with possibility of extension, subject to funding and performance. Salary and conditions in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff in Kenya.
Start Date: April 2021
Duty Station: Nairobi, Regional Office
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework.
Application and CV
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered.
DRC only accepts applications sent via our online-application form on http://www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please submit your application and CV in English by 25 March 2021.
DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.