Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Title: Lead, External Technical Assistance
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports To: VP, TSI
Direct Reports: Potential TA Officer, pending work
Classification: Full-time, exempt
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. Founded through a mother’s determination, we are driven to see a world where no other mother, child or family is devastated by this disease. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. For more information, please visit http://www.pedaids.org
The Lead, External Technical Assistance (ETA) will play central role in advancing EGPAF’s business and technical portfolio in external technical assistance. The Lead, ETA will be substantially responsible for generating new business in external TA and managing existing and future technical assistance projects. The Lead will be supported by technical and operational staff, project managers as well as technical assistance providers co-located in programs across the organization.
The Lead ETA will contribute to the design of EGPAF’s approach to ETA and setting up ETA teams, including synthesis of EGPAF’s experience and packaging it for quick adaptation for TA opportunities; developing pathways for coordination and communication with supporting teams across the organization. For this reason, the successful candidate for this role will be highly resourceful, collaborative, and creative. The selected candidate will bring previous experience in growing new lines of business for an organization, and building a team. As generating and managing new business is a core area of focus, the right candidate for this role will have strong familiarity with and networks in government, civil society actors and consultants in HIV and TB. EGPAF will look to the chosen candidate to help us think creatively about how best to structure, resource and operationalize this work in ways that both advance EGPAF’s mission and create a differentiated position for the organization.
Technical Assistance Business Development
- Substantially inform the development of the organizational structure and mechanisms to operationalize external TA assignments;
- Work collaborative with Technical teams at EGPAF to take stock of TA packages
- Develop and grow a strong network of contacts in government, civil society and donors to inform business generation opportunities;
- Bring and/or develop a robust roster of consultants;
- Along with various EGPAF staff, maintain a strong working knowledge of the HIV and TB response, including country and donor priorities and trends
- With EGPAF’s New Business team and country teams, develop a strategy for generating business in external TA, including specific strategies for different donors and technical areas;
- Develop proposals and concepts which respond to the needs of Ministries of Health and other national partners, including related budgets and staffing structures;
- Work with EGPAF’s external affairs team to market EGPAF’s technical approaches;
Global Fund Portfolio and Program Management
- Work closely with the Global Fund Secretariat, technical partners, country coordination Mechanisms (CCMs), and Principal Recipients and Sub-Recipients (PRs/SRs) to shape and provide technical assistance based on assignment needs;
- Provide long-term/short term and comprehensive assistance for Global Fund PRs/SRs that have multiple and complex implementation issues, supporting them to fast-track coverage and quality of HIV or TB services;
- Identify and deploy (both within and outside of EGPAF) individual experts, specialized organizations and /or peer-implementers able to timely deliver high quality expertise in HIV or TB programming, operational and capacity building of implementers;
- Effectively manage technical assistance assignments, ensuring that EGPAF meets deliverables on time and on budget within compliance of EGPAF and donor rules and regulations;
- Manage and coordinate designated staff, consultants and subcontractors.
Required Qualifications and Capabilities:
- Graduate degree in an area of relevance for this role, such as business or public health;
- 15+ years’ experience in roles of increasing responsibility;
- Demonstrated experience growing a line of business for an organization;
- Experience working at a non-profit, government or donor agency in HIV, TB and related areas;
- Proven ability to be resourceful, work independently and creatively;
- Demonstrated project/program management experience across countries
- Very efficient operational capacity to timely mobilize, source and manage contractual relationships with individual and/or corporate technical assistance providers;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to think strategically, and translate problems into proposed solutions;
- Strong ability to partner and work well with colleagues across a range of function areas and geographies.
- Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese is an advantage