Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the job
F&S Scientific is a leading provider of laboratory and field testing solutions in East Africa. We serve customers in Healthcare, Industries, Research and Academia. Our accurate and high-quality technology solutions enable our customers to monitor and improve quality and safety, as well as drive efficiencies. We see ourselves as problem solvers driven to help our customers do what they do better. To do this well we dedicate our efforts to understanding their needs, to acquiring a deep understanding of our products, and to ensuring a robust process in bringing these solutions to our customer.
We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Customer Service Assistant for Imports/Exports to join our Supply Chain division. It’s your chance to be part of a dynamic team and make an immediate impact!
Benefits of working at F&S Scientific:
- A stable and growing company that is passionate about delivering first-class scientific products and services to our customers.
- The opportunity to develop your career with leading innovative brands in the world of science and technology.
- We care, and we want to make a difference. Every team member impacts our customers one way or another and in doing so contributes to the success of our company.
- A vibrant environment that fosters employee satisfaction and promotes friendship, loyalty and longevity.
- Competitive salary scheme and additional employee benefits.
What we are looking for:
- Highly motivated, an appreciation for science and yearning to make a difference.
- Willingness to learn, open-minded and ready to roll up your sleeves.
- A self-starter, who proactively takes the initiative to get one step closer to the overall goals.
- An excellent team player, who loves a challenge and brings their smile to work every day.
- As a Customer Service Assistant for Imports/Exports, you will be responsible for coordinating shipments and logistics tasks for goods from our suppliers through to our customers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Preparing shipping quotes, cargo receipts, customs clearance, and other relevant documents
- Ensuring shipping invoices and documentation is accurate
- Verification and handling of import/export documents and charges
- Taking and comparing price quotes from shipping companies, and managing costs
- Confirming tariffs and duties on transported goods
- Tracking shipments and updating clients and team members on progress
- Coordination with clearing agents on imports and with overseas customs agents
- Organizing carriers and route assignments
- Communicating with suppliers
- Handle claims with insurance companies if any shipment problems happen to occur
- Compiling and Filing documents
- Manage planning/reporting activities and provide routine feedback to your team.
- Any other duties as may be assigned
Candidates will possess the following essentials:
- Diploma or equivalent in Purchasing / Supply Chain Management or Clearing & Forwarding
- Certificates in Computer packages
- 1-3 Years’ experience in an Imports and Exports role
- Communication: Good communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
- Computer literacy: Basic computer skills, including MS Excel, Word and Emails.
- Well organized, a team player and ability to work with strict deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented, thorough, and able to work well under pressure.
- Comfort working with numbers and performing basic calculations.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving skills
- Understanding of supply chain and logistics
- A positive attitude!
We are doing our best to create a seamless candidate experience for you as you apply for roles within the company. Due to the high volume of vacant positions, the recruitment process may take longer than usual and there may be a longer delay between application and interview. We appreciate your patience.
Apply in the link below:
Deadline: 07th April 2021