Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenya Industrial Property Institute (KIPI) is a government parastatal under the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Cooperatives. The Institute was established on 2nd May 2002 upon the coming into force of the Industrial Property Act 2001. Previously the Institute existed as Kenya Industrial Property Office (KIPO), which was established in February 1990 after enactment of the Industrial Property Act, CAP 509 of the Laws of Kenya.
Duties and responsibilities
- Formulating and implementing Trade mark Division Operational policies, plans, procedures and rules;
- Setting and ensuring achievement of performance targets in the Trade Marks Division;
- Monitoring, evaluating and controlling performance of the Trade Marks Division;
- Undertaking training needs assessment for staff in the Division and submitting to the Human Resource Advisory Committee for consideration;
- Supervising, appraising and developing staff of the Division;
- Overseeing compilation and dissemination of industrial property rights information;
- Recommending amendments and reviews to the Trade Marks Act and Rules, Trade Mark Manual and Geographical Indication Act where appropriate in consultation with the Legal Services Division;
- Supervising preparation of certificates;
- Facilitating research in the field of industrial property in consultation with the Research, Innovation & Industrial Property Information Division;
- Managing performance targets; and
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
Requirements for appointment
For appointment to this grade, an Officer must have: –
- A Master’s Degree in Science, Law, Economics, Commerce, Intellectual Property or equivalent qualifications from a recognised institution;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Law, Economics, Commerce, Intellectual Property or equivalent qualifications from a recognised institution;
- Satisfactorily served as an Assistant Manager, Trade Marks or a comparable position with similar responsibilities for a minimum period of three (3) years in the Public Service;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the field of industrial property rights; and
- Computer competency.
Method of application
Interested and qualified persons are invited to make their applications by completing the form. The form may be downloaded from the Kenya Industrial Property Institute Website www.kipi.go.ke
The candidates should attach COPIES of the following documents to their application form:
- National Identity Card;
- Academic and Professional Certificates and Transcripts;
- Any supporting documents and testimonials;
- Letter of appointment to their current substantive post (where applicable);
- Letter of appointment to their previous post (where applicable);
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae; and
- Clearance Certificate from the following bodies: –
- Higher Education Loans Board (where applicable)
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- KIPI is an equal opportunity employer and therefore, people with disabilities, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Completed application forms should be sent to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Industrial Property Institute
17 Kabarsiran Avenue, Lavington, Off Waiyaki Way
P.O. Box 51648-00200,
So as to reach the Office of the Managing Director, on or before Tuesday, 6th April 2021 latest 5:00 P.M. (East African Time).