Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenya Industrial Property Institute (KIPI) is a government parastatal under the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Cooperatives. The Institute was established on 2nd May 2002 upon the coming into force of the Industrial Property Act 2001. Previously the Institute existed as Kenya Industrial Property Office (KIPO), which was established in February 1990 after enactment of the Industrial Property Act, CAP 509 of the Laws of Kenya.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conducting searches on availability and registrability of trade marks and geographical indications;
- Examining applications for trade marks and geographical indications;
- Review decisions made by Examiners under him/her;
- Advising clients and responding to enquiries on trade mark and geographical indications matters; and
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
Requirements for appointment
For appointment to this grade, an Officer must have: –
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Law Economics, Commerce or equivalent qualifications from a recognised institution;
- Satisfactorily served as Trade Mark Examiner or a comparable position with similar responsibilities for a minimum period of three (3) years in the Public Service;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the field of Industrial Property Rights;
- A management and leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks; and
- Computer competency.
Method of application
Interested and qualified persons are invited to make their applications by completing the form. The form may be downloaded from the Kenya Industrial Property Institute Website www.kipi.go.ke
The candidates should attach COPIES of the following documents to their application form:
- National Identity Card;
- Academic and Professional Certificates and Transcripts;
- Any supporting documents and testimonials;
- Letter of appointment to their current substantive post (where applicable);
- Letter of appointment to their previous post (where applicable);
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae; and
- Clearance Certificate from the following bodies: –
- Higher Education Loans Board (where applicable)
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- KIPI is an equal opportunity employer and therefore, people with disabilities, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Completed application forms should be sent to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Industrial Property Institute
17 Kabarsiran Avenue, Lavington, Off Waiyaki Way
P.O. Box 51648-00200,
So as to reach the Office of the Managing Director, on or before Tuesday, 6th April 2021 latest 5:00 P.M. (East African Time).