Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Murang’a University of Technology
Murang’a University of Technology (MUT) is the Successor of Murang’a University College (MRUC), a former constituent College of Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT) after being elevated from Murang’a College of Technology (MCT). The University is strategically located 1.5 km from Murang’a Town in Muranga County, 85 km North East of Nairobi, 70 km South East of Nyeri and 50 km South West of Embu.
School of business and Economics
Specialization: Accounting and Finance
Designation: Associate Professor
Reference No.: MUT 3/2/2021
1. Teach assigned accounting and finance courses and related courses in the ISB’s
2. Work with adjunct accounting instructors to develop their courses and the accounting concentration
3. Supervise ISB student internships.
4. Assist the ISB Dean in maintaining relationships with local and regional accounting and other firms in order to develop and promote academic collaborations including student projects, internships, placement opportunities and other mutually beneficial collaborations.
5. Advise accounting and other business students by providing academic guidance, support for development of professional practice skills, and other assistance.
6. Participate in evaluation and development of the BBA program curriculum.
7. Lead, supervise, motivate, and mentor students and provide uncommon attention to their educational development.
8. Perform various administrative duties as required or assigned.
9. Maintain and safeguard confidential data.
10. Participate in professional development and service activities.
11. Participate in student recruitment and retention efforts.
12. Adhere to university policies and procedures.
13. Work collegially and professionally with students, faculty, staff, and external constituents.
Requirements for the position of full-time academic staff at Associate Professor Level
- An earned PhD or equivalent degree qualification in the relevant field from an accredited and recognized university;
- At least three (3) years teaching experience at the university level as a Senior Lecturer, or Senior Researcher/Industry experience or equivalent;
- A minimum of forty eight (48) publication points as a Senior Lecturer or equivalent; thirty two (32) of them from refereed scholarly journals;
- Supervised to completion a minimum of four (4) postgraduate students, including at least one (1) doctoral student, as a Senior Lecturer/Senior Research Fellow;
- Attracted research or development funds as a Senior Lecturer/Senior Research Fellow;
- Registered with the relevant professional body (where applicable)
Method of application
Applicants are required to submit ten (10) copies of the applications together with detailed curriculum vitae indicating academic qualifications, professional experience, leadership and management roles, publications/awards/scholarships/funding, membership of professional associations, email address and telephone contacts, copies of academic certificates and other relevant documents. The deadline for submitting application is 31st March 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Applications clearly sealed and marked on the envelope “application for the position of specific area applying for” should be sent to the undersigned.
The Vice Chancellor
Murang’a University of Technology
P. O. Box 75 – 10200,