Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award-winning social enterprise that employs the circular economy approach to treat and convert all forms of urban waste into organic fertilizer, insect-based animal protein and briquettes.
We have collected and converted over 7,800 tons of waste. At the same time, we have built a team of over 250 people. For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Best Companies in Africa.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts. Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the role of Assistant Manager – Distribution to help in the distribution of our end products.
Key duties & responsibilities
- Work with the Farmstar sales team to schedule deliveries as per the raised orders
- Follow up with delivery service providers to ensure that the delivery notes are submitted back to the factory within one week of delivery
- Record and lead in the implementation of distribution related corrective and preventive actions
- Measure, analyse and share monthly reports on critical distribution metrics, Order lead times, delivery accuracy, perfect order rate, etc.
- Analyse the distribution costs per route to identify the budget (unit cost) tipping point. Recommend and implement cost reduction projects in liaison with your manager
- Liaise with the Production team to ensure product is packaged, QA checks done and is ready for dispatch as per the sales demand
- Liaise with the Sales team to ensure that orders are serviced in the order of urgency. Aim to achieve FIFO supply balance between the regions and type of clientele (Key accounts, resellers, etc)
- Work with the warehouse team to ensure the dispatch notes are linked on the order tracker within 24 hours of dispatch
- Work with the vendors and accounts team to ensure the delivery notes are receives and linked to the order tracker within 72 hours of dispatch
- Source for competitive and within budget quotes from established vendors
- Liaise with the outsourced vendors to collect and deliver the product(s) on the agreed time
- Follow up the real time locations of the clients’ bound trucks and liaise with the sales representatives to ensure least TATs at the clients
- Raise procurement requests and obtain Procurement Orders one week to the start of the following month inline with the sales projections for the next month
Skills & Qualifications needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Manufacturing,etc) or Supply Chain
- At least 2 – 3 years relevant experience in logistics operations is highly desired.
- Ability to make swift, calculated & informed decisions/adjustments in the event of unforeseen blocks in the execution of daily operations.
- Proficient in MS Excel and excellent data analysis and model development skills
- Hands on, organizational and problem solving skills
- Integrity and humility
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application & resume by 20th March 2021. Candidates should also clearly indicate their available start dates including notice period.