Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Tracom Services Ltd, a leading technology company which specializes in offering secure payment solutions is seeking to recruit a Network Administrator to work in its Nairobi office. Suitable candidates are encouraged to review the Job Description below and make their application for consideration to join a team of enthusiastic and innovative staff who are behind the company’s marked success.
Your duties and responsibilities will comprise of:
- Maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network
- Deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade our in-house & corporate customer’s networks.
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, good put, and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Manage users accounts, permissions, access rights in accordance with company policies
- Provide technical support and resolve problems reported by end user for both hardware and software issues which users encounter
- Define & implement network policies and procedures
- Specify Network requirements and design solutions
- Ensure security and efficiency of IT infrastructure through access controls and firewalls
- Participate in all Disaster Recovery Testing and Simulation activities.
- Maintain the essentials such as operating systems,applications, security tools, web-servers, email, PCs, local and wide area networking both hardware and software and mid-range server hardware.
- Keep up to date on new developments in the technology industry, in case changes within the company have an impact on the business.
- Assist in integrating new applications and technologies into the current systems
- Develop, update and maintain documentation about current network environment set up, standard operating procedures and best practices
- Advise on procurement and acquisition of Network systems
- Any other duty as assigned by supervisor or management from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Business Information Technology or Telecommunication Engineering from a recognized university in Kenya.
- Certifications on cloud computing is an added advantage
- Proven experience as a network administrator, configuration of network devices such as routers, firewall and switches in a busy environment.
- Hands-on experience in networking technologies e.g.routing and switching protocols, subnetting, NATing, ACL and network optimization.
- Deep knowledge of cloud computing deployment and services models.6.Knowledge of containerization and its implementation (Docker and Kubernetes).7.Experience with firewalls configurations, Site to Site IPSec VPN between different vendors and remote access SSL VPN implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired.
- Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks infrastructure.
- Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including Cisco routers, Cisco Firewall (ASA), Fortinet firewalls (Fortigate), switches, Sophos firewall, DNS and DHCP.
- Recognized valid professional certifications in Cisco CCNA, Microsoft MCSA, Linux, Database, and other related fields.
- Configuring firewalls, routing protocols knowledge and switching to maximize network efficiency and security.
- Procuring network equipment and managing subcontractors involved with network installations.
- Maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies i.e.Type I and II virtualization of VMware vSphere, Citrix Xen server or any other platforms.
- Knowledge and interactions with networking IOS, Linux operating system.
- Strong knowledge of infrastructural security, storage, data protection, disaster recovery mechanism in a data center.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective development and implementation of ICT helpdesk and operations best practices.
- Ability to identify customer needs, develop service standards and deliver service excellence
- High attention to details and ability to deliver in an environment with strict deadlines
Ability to work well with the team.Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st March 2021. Due to the urgent need to fill the position, shortlisting will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.