Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Traidcraft Exchange works in partnership with Traidcraft, the fair trade business, to promote justice and fairness in trade – on behalf of people in some of the world’s poorest countries. Through development programmes in South Asia and East Africa, and policy, lobbying and campaigning in the UK, we have made a difference to millions of people.
This position can be based in Nairobi, Dhaka, India (flexible), or the UK (will require travel to Newcastle upon Tyne or London).
To lead and drive the development of the Traidcraft Exchange (TX) Participatory Approach, methodology and tools, and support teams and partners to ensure quality, evidence of impact and learning from our new model of working.
Our new model is to identify, support and invest in farmer associations, worker collectives, social enterprises and civil society organisations that are challenging the negative impacts of mainstream trade and developing alternative business models that put people and planet first. We will provide technical support and accompaniment and will include small financial contribution using participatory grant making approaches
Thematic portfolios will guide our work and by putting #shiftthepower at the heart of our new model, we will root our work in the specific contexts in which we work through supporting and strengthening a local/national eco-system of businesses and partners.
At Traidcraft Exchange every member of staff is required to support our efforts to build our reputation, fundraise where they can and advocate on issues we campaign on.
Everyone is an ambassador; everyone is an advocate; everyone is a fundraiser.
This post will report to the Director of Programmes
You will work collaboratively with programme, policy and fundraising teams within Traidcraft Exchange to develop the ‘TX Approach,’ and a clear set of tools and methodologies that differentiates our work and reflects our commitment to shift the power, clearly demonstrating its value, impact, and learning.
You will be:
- Deeply committed to and highly experienced in participatory methodologies that put people and communities, we wish to positively impact, in the driving seat to determine their own future.
- Responsible for holding the integrity of the ‘TX Approach’ from a quality control and brand perspective, while supporting teams to work flexibly with partners and communities, reflecting their contexts and realities.
- Able to work collaboratively across countries and cultures (Sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, UK), and able to collate learning at a global level for internal and external audiences.
- An advisor to our policy & programme teams to co-create effective but simple indicators of success and ways of assessing progress against these with communities and partners.
- Someone who is able to network with other organisations following similar methodologies to learn and sharing learning, supporting and/or developing a community of practice.
- Excited by the opportunity to work differently, innovatively, creatively and flexibly.
- Willing to embrace challenges and contribute within a self-managed organisation.
- A self-starter, willing to take risks, learn from new ways of doing things.
You will have:
- A thorough understanding of, experience with, and commitment to participatory methodologies.
- A good understanding of Participatory Grant making
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with M&E methodologies and tools.
- Strong training and facilitation skills to support TX and partner teams
- Good research and analytical skills.
- Excellent documentation, communication, and people skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- A good understanding of the business and trade environment, gender issues, climate issues, and inclusion, and how it affects different groups
- Willingness to travel when required.
- A focus on being proactive, prioritise and lead
- Honesty and integrity
You may have:
Understanding and skills around social investment
We would particularly welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Whilst Traidcraft Exchange is a Christian response to poverty, we welcome applicants from all faiths or none. We do ask that all staff members respect the Christian vision, ethos and culture of the organisation.
Method of application.
email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining the area of work you’re interested in and the skills, experience and qualifications you have to offer.