Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DanChurchAid (DCA)-KENYA is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nyandarua, Nakuru, Busia and Siaya counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods and resilience. DCA implements projects directly as well as through local partner organizations. Our key focus areas are emergency response, livelihoods and civil society development with a specific focus on youth and women. For more information on DCA, please visit www.danchurchaid.org
DCA is seeking to recruit an experienced and energetic Kenyan National for the following position: Loan Assistant – DCA Youth Enterprise Fund. The position is based in Kakuma, Turkana County and reports to the Project Officer – Financial Inclusion based in Kakuma and working closely with the Fund Manager Consultant.
The overall objective of the post is for the holder to support in the implementation and monitoring of the uptake of financial products by the youth entrepreneurs in the refugee and host community under DCA Youth Enterprise Fund (DCA -YEF), which is designed to disburse loans and receive individual donations. The Loan Assistant will act as the liaison person between DCA and the financial service provider assigned to manage the revolving fund component of the DCA YEF. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that quality processes and procedures are maintained in servicing DCA – YEF revolving fund portfolio, clients support activities including developing and implementing best practices for the Fund and related loans processes.
The main responsibilities of the Loan Assistant are:
- Provide technical support to the DCA staff and the financial service provider partner on the implementation of the DCA – YEF including loans disbursement, and repayment processes.
- Ensure quality applications by creating awareness about the DCA-YEF and conducting information sessions with the potential clients for understanding of the financing terms.
- Participates in loan application processes including loan appraisals and vetting.
- Ensure synergies with other DCA entrepreneurship initiatives by participating in entrepreneurship and business training, and other capitalization schemes in Kakuma
- Support in offering financial advice, business mentorship and coaching to youth entrepreneurs applying for DCA – YEF.
- Maintain and support a healthy revolving fund portfolio.
- Perform quality assurance through fund administration, management, and compliance with processes, procedures, and best practices related to loan application, loan appraisal, and repayment agreements.
- Support the establishment of a monitoring and evaluation system for the DCA Youth Enterprise Fund and carry out regular data management actions including performance monitoring, timely preparation and maintenance of records related to the revolving fund portfolio, analysis, and reporting.
- Take up training, mentorship, and facilitative role towards the interns, incentive staff, and project beneficiaries to ensure successful implementation of DCA Youth Enterprise Fund
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree in business management or related courses. A diploma with relevant experience is also acceptable.
- Proven experience in credit/loans management in a microfinance or bank set-up working with youth targeted micro-businesses and SMEs financial products.
- Fast-hand experience in developing and reviewing innovative financing and loan products for entrepreneurs in a lending institution/micro-finance is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of computers and banking/loan management system software.
- Solid understanding of loan regulations in Kenya including Sharia compliant business financing.
- Experience in providing financial advice, financial education, business mentorship and coaching to entrepreneurs.
- Able to assess customer financial status and advise on suitable products and limits.
- Detail-oriented professional who takes accurate and informative loans performance records for decision making.
- Excellent relationship management skills in a multi-stakeholder context.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player. Self-driven and results-oriented in challenging rural working environments.
- A working knowledge of Turkana West Sub-county, in refugee camp or pastoral & agro-pastoralist settings is an added advantage.
CLOSING DATE is 31st March 2021
Only online applications will be accepted.
While we thank all applicants for the interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The position is initially for 8 months, with possibility of extension subject to availability of funding. DCA offers a salary package (salary, insurance, and benefits) in accordance to experience and DCA Kenya HR Manual.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
DCA conducts a thorough anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment period.