Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in more than 35 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in Kenya since 2005, where we assist refugees and displacement-affected communities in Dadaab, Kakuma, Kalobeyei and Nairobi through protection and livelihoods activities to enhance their self-reliance and expand opportunities for a dignified life. DRC provides both humanitarian assistance and longer-term development support to respond to the needs of communities affected by acute crisis as well as those in protracted displacement situations.
Overall purpose of the role:
The instructor will deliver high quality vocational skills training to selected trainees for Dressmaking/Tailoring/Fashion and design course. The position holder will be responsible for fully preparing the trainees towards skilled job opportunities.
- Prepare Schemes of work/Work plans, Lesson plans and lesson notes, Record of work covered, Learners’ evaluation and progress records, Stock records for all training materials, tools and equipment in the workstation.
- Maintain daily class attendance register
- Train tailoring/dressmaking trainees with life skills and entrepreneurial skills.
- Deliver standardized curriculum for the specified Vocational Skill Courses for learners in the refugee camps and host community.
- Design and prepare materials, resources and information to be used in respect of programme delivery
- Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies to communicate subject matter to students.
- Guidance and skills development to ensure that learning standards are maintained and improved.
- Maintain proper documentation process and records of the training progress, assessment and quality of the training.
- Modify, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse students’ needs.
- Develop and explain methods that fairly measure students’ progress toward students’ learning outcomes.
- Evaluate students’ performance fairly and consistently and return students’ work promptly to promote maximum learning
- Coordinate the advertisement, interviews and selection of the students to be trained on Tailoring course.
- Management and maintenance of operating equipment and machines for Tailoring class.
- Conducting safety checks on training equipment.
- Document lessons learned from training activities, community meeting and assist in preparing training reports.
- Provide technical capacity to the dressmakers working at the established business center.
- Establish innovative ways of marketing the products produced by the supported individuals.
- Conduct other duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or management
Experience and technical competencies:
- 2 years relevant experience in hands-on training on Tailoring/dressmaking/Fashion and design.
- Knowledge and Skills in training Community Based Vocational course.
- Strong self-starter, able to take initiatives
- Good planning and organizational skills coupled with problem solving capabilities.
- Hands on- community mobilization.
- A Diploma or Certificate in Tailoring/Dressmaking /Fashion and Design from a reputable training institution.
DRC Core Competencies:
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
- Contract: 9 months contract with possibility of extension, subject to funding and performance. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council terms of employment for National staff.
- Availability: April 2021
- Duty station: Kakuma (Local contract does not qualify for RnR and accommodation)
- Key stakeholders: (internal and external): Programme Management Unit, M+E staff, implementing field teams, support team, Kakuma SMT, community workers; Local government authorities, Other NGOs, Donors, Implementing partners
This position is for Kenyan Nationals only.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html)
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications, which should include a 1-page cover letter clearly stating their motivation, and qualifications and a CV. Applications should include contact details of three professional referees who have supervised the candidate in the last five years. One referee must be the applicant’s most recent manager. Only applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on http://www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Applications should be sent no later than: 28th March 2021.
DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, Female candidates and those from minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, color, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport
Danish Refugee Council does not charge any kind of fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents.