Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
African Nationals and nationals of the above countries, in particular, are strongly encouraged to apply.
The (Senior) Associate, Africa Executive Team, will work closely with executive, client-facing, and operations teams on high-impact projects across the continent. They will be joining the Africa Executive team at a crucial time at which the region is aiming to build out the structures to support long-term growth, including partnerships, projects, and personnel. This is a role with visibility into the core parts of how our organization functions, and which will be key in contributing to the growth and impact of the Africa team.
IDinsight helps leaders combat poverty worldwide by designing, deploying and promoting evidence-generating tools. We tailor the best methodologies to partner needs and constraints to fuse evidence with action. We serve governments, NGOs, foundations and social businesses across Africa and Asia in all major program areas including health, education, agriculture, livelihoods, finance, energy and governance. As a non-profit, we are laser-focused on enabling maximum social impact to improve millions of lives. Our approach rests on four pillars:
- Rigorous: We develop and use a wide-range of cutting-edge data and evidence tools, including experimental evaluations, monitoring systems, data analytics and visualization, process evaluations, machine learning and more.
- Cost-effective: Every dollar spent is justified by expected impact. If funds could be better used in another way, we say so.
- Timely: Actionable information is delivered in time for client decision-making deadlines.
- Demand-driven: We deploy solutions tailored to partner contexts and needs with no competing agendas.
We have a team that is full of ideas, never satisfied with the status quo, intensely focused on their work, and “get it done” types who are bought into IDinsight’s vision to change the world through better social sector decisions. Our diverse, growing team of outstanding colleagues operate in nearly two dozen countries around the world. Learn more about our mission and values at www.IDinsight.org.
About the (Senior) Associate, Africa Executive Team role
The Africa team is structured around three regional offices in Dakar, Senegal (for West and North Africa); Lusaka, Zambia (for Southern Africa); and Nairobi, Kenya (for East Africa), with project offices in Morocco, Malawi, and South Africa. The Africa team is over 50 teammates strong and poised for further growth in 2021 and beyond. The (Senior) Associate, Africa Executive Team, will work closely with executive, client-facing, and operations teams on high-impact projects across the continent. They will be joining the Africa Executive team at a crucial time at which the region is aiming to build out the structures to support long-term growth, including partnerships, projects, and personnel. This is a role with visibility into the core parts of how our organization functions, and which will be key in contributing to the growth and impact of the Africa team.
The Senior Associate, Africa Executive Team, will report to the Africa Chief of Staff, while also supporting our Office Leads and collaborating closely with IDinsight’s Africa Operations team. We seek a self-starter who will be able to independently manage a range of work-streams, who is looking for a role that emphasizes problem-solving, organization, and rapid execution, and who would be excited to develop the skillset of a Chief of Staff. This role is a particularly good fit for individuals that want to gain insights and experience relevant to how fast-paced, fast-growing non-profits are run.
The Senior Associate, Africa Executive Team, will have the following responsibilities:
- Implement strategic internal initiatives in partnership with the Chief of Staff. On-going and new initiatives include i) identifying ways to better measure and communicate IDinsight’s social impact, particularly on Learning Partnerships, ii) exploring new services through which IDinsight could add-value to clients, and iii) identifying ways to grow IDinsight’s presence on the continent.
- Support Africa Senior Leadership in developing partnerships across the continent. This includes working with the Chief of Staff and Africa Leadership to identify potential new partners, conduct preliminary research, develop presentations, and join client development conversations. This also includes supporting Directors in building out concept notes and proposals for new IDinsight engagements.
- Support Africa Senior Leadership in managing relationships with key funders and thought partners across the continent. This includes leading annual reporting for funding partners, exploring ways to deepen these relationships over time, developing ad-hoc communication materials, and proactively identifying ways in which IDinsight Africa can increase our social impact and reach across the continent.
- Own, manage, and maintain the Africa Data Hub. This includes acting as central point-person for all information about current and pipeline projects being developed across the continent. They would be a key contributor to manage our project staffing across the continent, and would also act as a liaison between project teams, and global functions such as our executive, communications, innovations and Research, Evaluation and Data teams.
- Optimize collaboration within the Africa team, and between the Africa Executive team and other IDinsight teams. This includes leading the agenda coordination, scheduling, pre-read compilation, and follow-ups for all internal calls with the CEO, COO, Africa Leadership, and other global teams. This would also include preparing Africa-specific material for board meetings, global calls, etc.
- Ability to be solution-oriented and get a lot done quickly. You will need to translate high-level strategic ideas into immediate action plans, and execute on multiple workstreams simultaneously. You bring a solution-first mentality in working with internal and external senior leadership to deal with challenges.
- Ambition, the ability to think strategically, and a desire to tackle major challenges. You thrive when asked to collaboratively solve complex or thorny problems under time pressure. You are excited to weigh in on high-level organizational decisions on topics that might not be familiar to you; and are willing and able to discuss, brainstorm, and ideate with our senior teammates and senior external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated track record as an entrepreneurial self-starter and leader, including comfort with ambiguity and dynamic environments and workstreams.
- Excellent soft skills and communication skills across all mediums (written communications, public speaking, teamwork, and upward management). You can translate complex and multifaceted information into digestible materials, and can effectively build rapport and communicate with senior leaders (internal and external).
- High level of independence and attention to detail – if you say the work will be done, it will be done.
Skill and career development are core to IDinsight’s values and long-term impact strategy, and have been noted as highlights of teammates’ experiences. IDinsighters receive significant mentorship from IDinsight leadership, support from talented peers, and are given considerable autonomy when ready. They maintain professional development plans and are given “stretch” opportunities designed to strengthen a variety of skills. Real-time feedback is embedded in our culture and formal, structured enables maximum professional growth.
Nuts and Bolts
Location is flexible between Dakar, Senegal; Lusaka, Zambia; Nairobi, Kenya, or Rabat, Morocco. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience and track record. The preferred start date is as soon as possible. We expect a minimum two-year commitment, with regular professional development conversations, growth opportunities, and potential for a long-term career at IDinsight.
How to Apply
The application requires a (maximum 2-page) CV and cover letter. Your cover letter should include an explanation of interest for this role and your earliest possible start date. Applications are due Tuesday 6th April 2021.
IDinsight reviews applications on a regular basis. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. IDinsight is an equal opportunity employer.