Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
I&M Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of I&M Holdings Limited, a publicly quoted company at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE). The bank possesses a rich heritage in banking.
I&M Bank is a leading commercial bank headquartered in Kenya with a growing regional presence. The Bank offers a wide range of commercial banking and financial products and services, and prides itself on introducing innovative products and services based on the needs of its customers. We are seeking to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual with extensive experience and abilities to support business growth in the following position:
REF:IA/3/2021– Investment Advisor
The Job holder will assist the Head of Wealth Management to enhance business growth, drive initiatives that increase client value and income for the unit.
The Incumbent will report to the Head of Wealth Management and will be responsible for:
- Origination of advisory transactions.
- Assisting in the evaluation and processing of new investments for clients.
- Liaising with the Head of Wealth Management and the team to ensure successful execution of client transactions.
- Assisting in the preparation of investment strategies, annual plans and policies.
- Supporting in the communication of the wealth management philosophies, vision, process and delivery to team members, clients and prospective clients.
- Increasing the visibility of the investment process both internally to investment partners and externally to clients, prospects and centre of influence.
- Developing, recommending and executing the investment objectives, risk tolerance and strategies for the client portfolio.
- Overseeing settlement and portfolio reporting.
- Developing the Investment Policy Statement for clients and prospects.
- Preparing commentaries to be distributed to clients.
- Conducting and preparing due diligence reports for off-shore funds and managers for distribution internally and externally.
- Coordinating teams of professionals including accountants and lawyers as necessary for target transactions.
- Liaising with strategic partners in the execution of client transactions.
- Overseeing the development and training of the team and manage time constraints and deadlines while ensuring a high level of quality on all transactions.
- Assisting in any other administrative related assignments within the Company.
- Performing other job – related duties or special projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Competences Requirements:
- Bachelors’ degree in Economics, Finance or Business or related field
- Achievement of all CMA qualification requirements including the CISI exam requirements.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Wealth Management and or Investment Banking.
- Demonstrated experience in wealth management theory, associated investment strategies and instruments and characteristics of various marketplaces.
- Ability to prepare client and new business presentation material, including strong working knowledge of spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative background.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid research skills.
- Ability to find and contact potential clients, with ability to build (or utilize existing) extensive network of potential clients and referral sources.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work across functions and levels of seniority.
- Initiative – must be a self-starter, able to work independently with drive and motivation.
- Prior experience in investment banking / wealth management and/or knowledge of the process and client expectations.
Your application should reach us as soon as possible but not later than 19th March 2021. Please quote reference number followed by the position applied for in the application.