Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety Officer – Research Compliance
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for better and more sustainable use of livestock. ILRI is a CGIAR research centre – part of a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
1.Compliance with requirements for conducting research.
- Review project related documents and determine various licenses and or permits required for each research project and or activity.
- Prepare and compile all the relevant documentation required for successful application of the relevant licenses and or permits for each research project and or activity.
- Make applications for the various licenses and or permits for each project as may be required and follow up to ensure issuance within reasonable time limits.
- Maintain a database for all licenses and or permits for all research projects and or activities and follow up with all stakeholders to ensure full compliance with all the license and or permits conditions.
2.Compliance with requirements for movement of research materials
- Review project related documents and determine various movement permits required for each research project and or activity.
- Prepare and compile all the relevant documentation required for moving research materials and or animals both inter and intra jurisdictions.
- Organise for availability and delivery of samples for analysis to the relevant lead agencies as may be required for purposes of issuing movement permits.
- Organise facility inspections where necessary and ensure facility compliance with the requirements for successful issuance of movement permits.
- Determine and advise applicants on the requirements (HS code, non-commercial invoice, etc) for each category of research materials being moved.
- Make applications for the movement permits for each request for movement as may be required and follow up to ensure issuance within reasonable time limits.
- Maintain a database for all movement permits for all research projects and or activities and follow up with all stakeholders to ensure full compliance with all the movement permit conditions.
3.Research compliance helpdesk management
- Send out notification to stakeholders of project that have reached end of the permit both internal and external.
- Coordinate close of projects where applicable.
- Respond to and or investigate user inquiries, concerns, and issues via phone, mail, and e-mail in a timely and courteous manner.
- Provide appropriate research compliance related technical information.
- Research and resolve complaints related to research compliance, and effectively communicate issues and concerns to all applicable internal staff members.
- Organize and maintain file system for correspondence and other records related to research compliance.
- Prepare research compliance reports and correspondence as needed.
- Manage research compliance daily backups.
- Master’s degree in a relevant Science discipline
- Three (3) years of relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory framework in access and movement of genetic resources both within and across countries in line with Convention on Biological Diversity, Nagoya Protocol; Cartagena protocol and Bonn Guidelines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, service users, staff at all levels,
- Flexibility in demanding situations
- Good communication and networking skills
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Ability to work in a systematic and organized manner, with high level of accuracy and attention
- Advanced computing skills including knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheets, database management and MS-PowerPoint, etc.
Terms of Appointment
This position is at job level HG 13 and it is only open to Kenyan nationals. The position on a 3-year fixed term contract. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances.
Method of Application
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development before 29 March 2021. The position title and reference number REF: EOHS /03/2021 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org