Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Driver will assist in supporting CIP project activities in Kenya and will report directly to the Senior Scientist.
- Ensure that project vehicles are kept clean and road worthy.
- Check vehicle condition/requirement and fill-in the Logbook properly.
- Ensure use of project vehicles follows CIP motor vehicle policy.
- Operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner and always follow road safety standards.
- Conduct day-to-day vehicle checks on oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres etc. and timely report any noted defects to the supervisor.
- Ensure regular maintenance and servicing of project vehicles with reputable service providers.
- Report accidents or incidents to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Drive project vehicles for transportation of project staff to implement field activities in project target countries.
- Prepare monthly summary of project vehicles’ logbooks and share with the office administrative assistant.
- Ensure compliance with CIP driving policy in case of involvement in an accident.
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Valid driver’s license.
- At least 2 years of experience required in similar positions with a safe driving record.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- Basic knowledge of car mechanics and ability to attend to minor repairs and maintenance of the vehicle in case of breakdown will be an advantage.
- Computer literate and conversant with the MS Office.
- Ability to adapt to different work situations and work in a team.
- Experience in driving 4×4 vehicles over long distances and on rough terrain.
- Experience in working with international organizations is an added advantage.
- Willingness to spend considerable time working under field conditions in rural areas.
- Valid certificate of good conduct.
- Excellent working environment.
- Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
Closing Date: 03/30/2021