Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req13873
Job Title: Locum Medical Officer
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Part-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kakuma, Kenya
Under the supervision of Health Manager, the Medical Officer will offer quality health care to all patients in the hospital and work closely, as the team leader with nurses, staff in lab, pharmacy and health post to ensure all services are offered.
- He/she is in charge of the hospital.
- Ensure all patients are attended to daily in the hospital.
- Ensure the hospital is running effectively in all the wards
- Attend to all emergencies, both medical and surgical.
- Manage and supervise all the staff in respective wards.
- Ensure proper documentation of patient care in patient files.
- Conduct daily ward rounds in respective wards, ie maternity, medical, pediatrics and isolation wards.
- Carry out all elective and emergency obstetric/Gynecological cases in theatre.
- Conduct all elective and emergency surgical cases in theatre.
- Carry out special clinics in the hospital on weekly basis ie, SOPC, GOPC,HRC, MOPC and POPC.
- Attend to all medical legal cases, ie Filling of P3 forms and attend court sessions as deem fit.
- Ensure survivors with sexual assault cases are promptly attended in GBV centre.
- Ensure all Referrals both Emergency and Elective, to secondary and tertiary care centres is done promptly.
- Be a team leader in the hospital and in the care of patients.
- Attend the Clinical staff meetings and give program updates as required.
- Manage the Clinical Services Program in acting capacity when the Health Manager is not in office.
- Coordinate and Participate the Continuous Medical Education (CME) for staff and give updates on care of patients.
- Conduct daily ward rounds in respective wards.
- Be the doctor on call on weekly basis, 24hrs 7 days.
- Carry out all emergency surgical/obstetric cases in theatre.
- Conduct all special clinics on weekly basis, SOPC, GOPC, HRC, POPC, MOPC.
- Properly document patient diagnosis, plans of treatment and care on patient files.
- Attend morning Handover meetings and give feedback on patient care.
- Carry out all elective surgical and gynecological cases twice a week in theatre.
- Attend to all medical legal issues, fill P3 forms and attend court sessions.
- Lead in death audits sessions to improve quality of care for patients.
- Fill the referral forms for both emergency and elective referrals.
Reporting and Coordination
- Report to Health Manager or his/her designate.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Key Result Areas
- Improved quality of care in the wards/hospital
- Quality emergency obstetric care in maternity.
- Prompt referral of patients.
- Proper documentation of patient care.
- Prompt management of outbreaks.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, MBChB.
- Registered with Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board.
- Minimum 2 yrs of working experience in a busy hospital.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
Required Experience & Competencies
- Be flexible, a team player and result oriented.
- Be ready to work in challenging and multitasking environment.
- Computer literacy in MS Windows, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, is desired.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.