Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Access to Finance is still a challenge for a large majority of Kenyans.The financial sector, particularly the microfinance segment has grown significantly over the past ten years. Despite this growth, only a very small segment of the population has access to credit from MFIs.
Position Reports to Head of Business development.
Purpose of the Job
To get involved in developing agricultural related product offering, create awareness, marketing and convert prospects while retaining leadership and oversight of all agricultural value chain initiatives.
- Develop an agribusiness lending strategy and effectively translate it into business plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing functional strategies.
- Identify agricultural related customer needs & opportunities through extensive market research and intelligence.
- Provide inputs and market demand insights to the product development team
- Develop and share knowledge with staffs on agri-business lending.
- Create strategic partnerships necessary for business growth
- Undertake the necessary actions in order to maximize Agri-product penetration and cross selling.
- Identify priority areas for investment and plan market interventions where KKVL can have highest impact;
- Guiding service providers on the identification, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of value chain support activities, including the promotion of entrepreneurial skills in farmers’ organizations.
- Ensuring timely reports presentations.
The accountability areas are as follows;
- Development of Agribusiness financing models.
- Identification of possible funding for Agribusiness.
- Training Agribusiness customers.
- Attaining of a low risk high impact diversified portfolio mix.
- Drive results through marketing of loans
Knowledge and skill required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Rural Development or any other relevant/equivalent field from a recognized institution;
- Three (3) years working experience in a similar field.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating value chain development, value chain analysis and in building capacity of value chain actors;
- Knowledge of technologies and issues for value chain development, business development, and rural livelihoods;
- Strong computer, report writing and communications skills (oral, written
- Experience in preparation of project proposal.
Method of application
Interested candidates should send a detailed CV and a cover letter that must include their current and expected remuneration, desired notice period, names, addresses and phone contacts of three referees not later than 31st March, 2021 to email@example.com. Applications which do not meet the above qualifications will not be considered.