Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization providing assistance to people affected by armed conflicts, epidemics, natural or non-natural disasters or persons excluded from access to care health. The organization has health projects in more than 68 countries.
MSF is launching the recruitment process for a Counselor Educator for the activities in Dagahaley refugee camp in Kenya.
Work Location: Dagahaley Refugee Camp
Duration: 1 year contract (with 3 months’ probation period)
Application deadline: 23rd March 2021
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Mental Health Supervisor.
- Perform counseling and/or education sessions to patients, following different medical and mental health MSF protocols and procedures, in order to improve their psychosocial condition.
- Identify the psychosocial, socio-economic and administrative needs for patients
- Actively promote the availability of counselling services and carry out, individual or in group counseling, basic psycho educational sessions, to patients, their families (when needed), in order to alleviate their psychosocial difficulties within the project scope.
- Refer patients to other specialists or other institutions for further assistance, when necessary in order to propose the best support available.
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for counseling activities and look after it
- Keep files and statistics of daily activities and participate in team meetings to share experiences and discuss special cases with other counselors, preserving confidentiality
- Inform line manager of any problem of any kind arising during the day-to-day activities.
- Take active part in trainings, supervisions and support the activities manager when necessary in doing sensitization for MSF staff or external partners about mental health /psychosocial issues.
- Discuss difficulties and problems in counselling with supervisor.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- The Mental Health Department is located within the 100-bed capacity Dagahaley Hospital that serves a catchment population of approximately 92,000 which includes the refugee population in Dagahaley and the other camps, the local non-refugee population, the mother Garissa county, and the neighbouring, Wajir South and Wajir counties- not forgetting Somali nationals who access the camp for medical reasons from across the border.
- The counselor educators form the vanguard of the primary health intervention for patients with psychological, psychosocial and mental health conditions at both in-patient and out-patient settings.
- Counselor educator will provide counselling and psychotherapy services including and not limited to;individual therapy, group therapy,play therapy and family therapy
- The counselor educator has a responsibility to play in the community in terms of mental health promotion, sensitization and empowering the community health workers to identify cases and refer them to hospital for further care.
- The counselor educator also work under direction of their supervisor to facilitate seamless communications in terms of meeting attendance and patient referrals with partner agencies to ensure best-possible care is offered to the patients.
- The counselor educator have an active role in community sensitization and awarenessspecifically tailored to address misperceptions about mental health, substance abuse and stigmatization of perceived mental health sufferers.
- Counsellor educator also have a responsibility to play in the community in terms of mental health promotion, sensitization and empowering the community health workers to identify cases and refer them to hospital for further care.
|Education||Counselling, social work, psychology or other similar degree/diploma.|
|Experience||2 year experience essential. Experience with NGO desirable.|
|Languages||Local language essential. Mission language desirable.|
|Competences||Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service|
If you meet the above requirements, please apply with your CV, motivation letter on or before the 23rd March 2021 on http://uhired.me/job/411
MSF will not consider applications of persons aged 58 years and above and will require medical certificate to ascertain candidates do not have an underlying medical condition to avoid exposure to risk.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)