Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Authority is seeking to recruit highly competent, proactive and self-driven individual to fill the following vacant position;
Senior Assistant Director Internal Audit and Risk Management Job Grade MSEA 4 REF No. MSEA 1/03/2021(1 Post) – Re advertisement
Reporting to the Board,the Senior Assistant Director Internal Audit and Risk Management will be responsible for the following;
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating the review and development of audit techniques and procedures;
- Leading teams to undertake comprehensive audits;
- Reviewing the Authority’s compliance with the relevant statutes, policies, rules, regulations, administrative government circulars and guidelines;
- Monitoring and evaluating audit reports; carrying out compliance tests;
- Verifying utilization of Authority’s capitals;
- Verifying payments to ensure validity and accuracy;
- Implementing regulations pertaining to financial control and management;
- Carrying out risk assessment and developing management guidelines;
- Implementing annual audit plans and Committee reports;
- Directing and conducting audit inspections of the Authority’s records;
- Monitoring and reviewing implementation of audit programmes;
- Verifying data on periodical financial returns, estimates and expenditure; and
- Evaluating and documenting audit evidence.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must: –
- Have at least ten years of relevant experience three of which should be at managerial level in a comparable position in Public or Private sector in the Internal Audit and Risk management field.
- Possess Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Possess Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Have Professional qualifications such as CPA, ACCA, ACA, CIA, CISA, CRISC or ACMA from a recognized institution;
- Be a registered member of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) (Kenya Chapter) or any other a relevant professional body;
- Have a Leadership Course certification lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Have a certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution; and
- Demonstrate professional competence and management capabilities as reflected in work performance and results.
In addition, all prospective candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of leadership and integrity as set out in Chapter six (6) of the constitution of Kenya. Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide the documents listed together with Identity card (ID), academic and professional certificates during interview.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission clearance certificate (EACC)
- Kenya Revenue Authority Tax Compliance Certificate (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board Clearance Certificate (HELB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau
How to Apply
If you clearly believe that you to meet the criteria given above, please fill in the Job application form on the website and submit to the Email: email@example.com on or before 6th April 2021. NB: Hard Copies will not be accepted.
Candidate’s Application Form [Click Here to Download]
MSEA is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from minority groups and PWD are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form shall lead to automatic disqualification