Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Structural Design Engineer.
Education and qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in (Civil &) Structural Engineering
- B grade or 80% pass mark equivalent for Geometry, Engineering Drawing, Structural Design units
- KCSE B-plain
- Applied knowledge of metal welding, structural detail design and fabrication
- Fundamental interests in physics (fluid mechanics, aviation) and architecture.
- Team player
- Ability and willingness to ‘get hands dirty’ during the fabrication and installation processes.
Structural Engineer Responsibilities:
- Prepare reports, designs, and drawings.
- Make calculations about pressures, loads, and stresses.
- Consider the strength of construction materials and select appropriately.
- Provide technical advice on safe designs and construction.
- Obtain planning and/or building regulations approval.
- Analyze configurations of the basic components of a structure.
- Liaise with professional staff such as architects and engineers.
- Monitor and inspect all work undertaken by contractors to ensure structural soundness.
- Administer contracts and manage projects.
- Inspect properties to evaluate the conditions and foundations.
- Use computer-aided design technology for simulation purposes.