Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Main purpose of job:
The Finance Officer will join the BHC Joint Corporate Services team in providing support to the wider High Commission and will support the Senior Finance Officer, principally in undertaking financial analysis of cost base for services, Local Staff pay, rents etc. They will prepare financial costings and budget adjustments, including for staffing changes, and coordinate monthly updates to budgets and forecasts on the FCO’s Hyperion system.
They will also undertake the ground work for the annual Medium Term Financial Planning (MTFP) exercise, coordinating with teams around the Mission to prepare 4 year forecasts of their requirements, adjusting it to reflect any changes in the footprint of the mission. The Finance Officer will also play a co-ordination role between Nairobi and the Regional Hubs in Pretoria and Milton Keynes and Manila on budgeting, monitoring and payment processing.
Roles and responsibilities :
Budgeting and Forecasting (50%)
- Supporting MTFP preparation and compilation of the return
- Organize/facilitate one to one finance catch-ups with budget holders and help resolve challenges they are experiencing with budgeting & forecasting
- Coordination internally of the quarterly budget reporting returns, ensuring budget holders are completing accurate forecasts and providing comprehensive commentary on Hyperion
- Coordination of budget monitoring and reporting, ensuring relevant FPCI targets are met
- Preparing reports on local expenditure for Corporate Services Director and other Government Departments
- Supporting budget holders in resolving any budgeting and forecasting issues and remaining familiar with progress within the wider BHC operations.
Financial Oversight (35%)
- Play a co-ordination role between Nairobi and the Regional Hubs in Pretoria and Milton Keynes and Manila on budgeting, monitoring and payment processing.
- To check for completeness and accuracy of fixed assets register, collaborate with teams to monitor asset disposal and movements
- To conduct spot checks on BHC stores, imprest and contingencies to test for compliance and adherence to financial rules
- Provide suggestions and recommendations for improved financial results based on monthly financial performance reports.
- Ensure all finance processes are followed within post and provide general finance and P2P guidance, answering queries and questions regarding process and policy.
- Identify challenges and review actions needed to improve or correct processes and routines at post.
Financial Analysis and Estimates (10%)
- Supporting Senior Finance Officer in ensuring appropriate cash flow and sufficient funding through the year.
- Monitoring recharges to other government departments and supporting implementation of the new Service Level Agreement.
- Supporting teams in collation and compilation of periodic financial returns
- Preparing journals and manual invoices to correct mischarging and allocate costs to the correct cost centre.
- Supporting Senior Finance Officer on finance housekeeping, including maintaining high Financial Performance (FPCI) scores & Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Providing cover for Finance Assistant in payroll processing and payment for over 200 staff, ensuring correct filing and reporting of statutory deductions.
- Provide cover for Finance Assistant and Senior Finance Officer when on leave on staff payroll preparation, cash office management and checking of Prism payment batches.
- Business Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum CPA (K) or ACCA finalist.
- Minimum 4 years working experience in budget management/ Finance management, accounting and analysis
- Extensive experience of developing good working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels;
- Excellent IT skills (a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word is essential);
- Good communication skills, attention to detail and initiative.
- A flexible approach and good team working skills
Application deadline 30 March 2021