Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title SENIOR PROCUREMENT OFFICER
Reports to HEAD PROCUREMENT
Grade NACC 4
Department CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
To facilitate the procurement of quality products and services for NACC in order to maintain appropriate stock levels. Support the Head of Division in the procurement and supply chain function at the NACC
• Preparing the annual procurement plan, budget proposal and coordinate its implementation as per the law;
• Providing professional opinions for all tenders to the Chief Executive Officer and ensure line Deputy Directors are provided with logistical advice to ensure effective and efficient procurement;
• Preparing of contracts agreements as per established procedures;
• Participating on tender opening and commercial analysis in liaison with other departments, Section and Units
• Participating in the development, implementation of the procurement policy and procedures for the Commission
• Receiving requisitions from the departments/units for development of procurement schedule;
• Preparing and send out tender bidding documents/requests for regular and specialized supplies of goods and services;
• Scheduling procurement in line with the budget;
• Participating in ensuring that Best Practices are employed in the supply chain management;
• Facilitating prompt and accurate delivery of goods, services or equipment following the award of tenders or orders;
• Facilitating receipt, verification, inspection and posting (into stock cards) of ordered goods, to ensure compliance to order specifications;
• Preparing inventory coding and classification and maintain it on equipment and tools, and ensure proper inventory control no pilferage;
• Monitoring usage of purchases and supplies to ensure that irregularity, duplication and wastage is minimized;
• Preparing tender schedules before awarding of local purchase orders, and local service orders;
• Managing the performance of the procurement team and undertake appraisal of staff; and
• Participating in carrying out periodic stock takes.
• Master’s degree in relevant field;
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration procurement/ Social Sciences/Purchasing/Commerce/ Economics or related discipline;
• Certificate in a Management Course from a recognized institution;
• At least CIPS professional final stage;
• Must have membership in a relevant professional body in good standing;
• Certificate in Computer proficiency; and
• Minimum five (5) years relevant experience in procurement within a large public sector.
• Experience in GOK and development partners’ procurement procedures
• Knowledge in contract management and knowledge of contracting legal framework in is required.
• IT proficiency
• Analytical skills
• Strategic planning skills
• Project management and monitoring and evaluation skills Interpersonal and communication skills
• Leadership skills
• Conflict resolution skills
These positions are all on three (3) year contract basis renewable as per the NACC’s regulations. The individuals recruited shall be expected to exhibit high integrity and be team players. If you fulfil the above requirements, you are invited to submit an application letter together with an up to date CV, copies of certificates, testimonials, names and contacts of three professional referees in a sealed envelope to be received by 5:00 p.m on Tuesday, April 6, 2021, to the address provided below.
NACC is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT discriminate against any applicant based on their HIV status, ethnic background, sex, religion, disability, or marital status yet is attentive to gender, regional and ethnic balance. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advised on the next cause of action. The NACC does NOT charge any payment or fees in this process, either directly or indirectly. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Chief Executive Officer
National AIDS Control Council
Landmark Plaza 9th Floor
P.O. Box 61307, 00200