Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
NRT is seeking to fill the following position to support the execution of this program. The position will be based at NRT HQ, with frequent time spent in the field within the project area.
Purpose of the Position:
Reporting to the RangER Project Manager, the job holder will support the successful achievement of the objectives of the Amaya Triangle Initiative (ATI), working closely to coordinate, develop and fundraise in support of the ATI strategy.
Key Responsibilities and focus of this position:
▪ Coordination between the ATI Counties and key partners
▪ Support ATI to ratify its MOU through the County Assemblies
▪ Support ATI Governors Council and formation of MCA’s Summit
▪ Coordinate the development of the ATI 5-Year strategy in support of ATI counties
▪ Support AMAYA Counties consultation on 5-year strategic plan and implications for peace
▪ Facilitate inclusion of ATI activities in CIDPs of participating Counties
▪ Facilitate awareness and understanding of ATI within key stakeholder groups
▪ Develop communication materials in support of fundraising
▪ Develop a monitoring and evaluation plan for the ATI 5-year strategy
▪ Develop a communications plan for the ATI 5-year strategy
▪ Assist in development of workplans, budgets & reports.
▪ Assist the Ranger Project Manager in implementation of the project and related activities
▪ Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the NRT Chief Executive Officer.
Qualifications: Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
▪ MSc/MA in Social sciences, sustainability, agriculture economics, rural development, livelihoods or Community development.
▪ 10+ years experience at senior level
▪ A strong technical background in areas related to development and development funding
▪ Experience working with government, donors, NGOs and social enterprise
▪ Proven facilitation and negotiation expertise
▪ Experience of fundraising and grant management from public funders in excess of $5m per year
▪ Strategic thinking and understanding of complex governance environments
▪ Knowledge of programme development and delivery approaches, tools, methodologies and best practices.
▪ Previous experience in handling donor funded project especially with large grants.
▪ Excellent listening, communication and writing skills. Fluent in both written and spoken English language.
▪ Swahili langauge skills will be an added advantage
▪ Ability to develop effective, professional relationships
▪ Strong organisational and personal management skills, with ability to prioritize work issues to meet deadlines with minimal supervision and ability to adjust to constantly changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through
▪ Ability to operate with sensitivity and diplomacy in a remote and multi-ethnic enviroment
▪ A personal style that inspires trust, team work, professionalism, cooperation and passion for the ATI’s mission.
▪ Excellent interpersonal, networking, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills.
▪ Ability to take initiative and work independently.
▪ A high level of self-awareness, initiative, sound judgement, personal energy and flexibility.
▪ Ability and willingness to travel and to work extra hours as necessary.
▪ Have experience working with people from diverse backgrounds, demonstrating respect for/and understanding of cultural differences, especially in the Kenyan Northern landscape.
If your profile matches the above job specifications, please send your application including a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, a daytime telephone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees to reach us by close of business on 31st of March 2021 to: email@example.com addressed to: Operations Director, Northern Rangelands Trust.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.