Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The genesis of Gulf African Bank (GAB) can be traced back to 2005, when a group of motivated Kenyans envisioned establishing an Islamic bank as an alternative to conventional banking in the country. By conducting business on the principles of Shari’ah, the bank would provide an ethical and fair mode of banking for all. Gulf African Bank is the first and largest Islamic Bank in Kenya and one of the fastest growing banks in the history of the banking sector of the country. The bank offers fully Shari’ah compliant products and services that address the needs of not just Muslims, but everyone in the country including individuals, corporate companies, and institutions. The bank was incorporated on August 9th, 2006 and started operations as a commercial bank in January 8th 2008, in a historic event, where it was granted the country’s first fully-fledged commercial banking license as a dedicated Islamic bank, by the Central Bank of Kenya.
Reports to: Managing Director
Department: Information Technology & Communication
Location: Head Office, Nairobi, Kenya
- Formulate Information Technology (IT) plans and provide strategic direction to IT in alignment with the overall bank strategy and respective business drivers.
- Responsible for managing IT department within the Bank and ensuring high levels of IT support and service to its internal and external customers.
- Uphold the Bank’s philosophy by ensuring adherence to the company’s vision, mission and business strategy.
- Define IT strategy in alignment with the Bank’s business strategy
- Prioritize list of strategic IT initiatives in line with bank objectives
- Spearhead the development and implementation of appropriate IT policies and Procedures corresponding to business processes
- Aim to deploy a best in class IT framework across the Bank by drawing on best practices from institutions locally and globally.
- Monitor regional and global developments in the technology sector to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Periodically formulate an IT budget and ensure that it is adhered to
- Oversee IT implementations for improvement of software and hardware systems, processes, and practices.
- Ensure the Bank’s systems are available and adequately supporting users at all times.
- Manage crisis situations, involving complex technical hardware or software problems
- Ensure contingency and Disaster Recovery for required systems,
- Review weekly incidents and ensure that all incidents are progressed with Root Cause Analysis.
- Ensure that robust procedures are in place to manage deployment, code fixing and troubleshooting
- Design and maintain internal IT security framework and ongoing monitoring of IT Security
- Coordinate with Risk and Compliance team to report on any suspicion of security violation/incident and ensure incorporation of their inputs.
- Review and renew proposal from vendors and supervise vendor execution of contractual obligations.
- Spearhead the use of technology in improving service delivery with focus on enhancement of existing channels and introduction of new delivery channels (e.g. mobile banking, internet banking, and card systems).
- Act as a senior point of escalation to troubleshoot, report and resolve issues.
- Build a strong team to deliver Technology strategy, and lead a robust people agenda including resource planning, talent management, professional skills development and performance management.
- Ensure training inputs and periodic feedback is provided to employees.
- Coordinate the development of a central Help Desk to resolve internal hardware, software and network issues.
- Direct safe operations by complying with the Bank’s quality standards, policies, procedures and systems.
- Abide by the Central Bank’s policies and guidelines
- Return on investments in IT and adherence to Budgets
- Contribute to overall customer satisfaction
- Operational effectiveness, efficiency and system uptimes
- Timely completion of all IT initiatives, within budget
- Compliance to policies, procedures and guidelines
- Engaged, high performing IT team.
Contacts for this position
- Departmental Heads
- Management Committees
- Board of Directors
- Suppliers, vendors and contractors
- External service providers
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, or any related field.
- 15+ years of experience in information Technology and similar fields, at least 5 years should be at Management level
- Master’s degree in IT, Computer Science or any relates field
- IT management related certifications
- Experience of working in the Banking industry and Kenya
- High levels of professionalism, honest with impeccable integrity (high ethical standards).
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, results oriented individual with excellent communication and social skills.
- Possessing strong organizing, planning and integration skills
- Proven ability to build strong, cohesive partnerships with the business, operations, technology and other key stakeholders and work effectively in a collaborative and dynamic organization
- Have a high sense of diplomacy, accuracy, attention for detail and with strong analytical ability.
- Have outstanding communication and reporting skills, problem analysis and listening ability.