Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA
Developer; Value Added Services – (21000085)
Reporting to the DIT Operations Manager, the position holder will be responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, security and capacity planning.
- Building software to help operations and support teams. This entails proactively building and implementing services, including end to ed monitoring, scripting and automation, modern tooling and maintenance software
- Providing software-related operations support, including managing level two and level three incident and problem management
- Creating prototypes, designing and building modules and solutions in an iterative agile cycle, develop, maintain, and optimize the business outcome
- Estimating user and technical stories, designing and developing code, writing and executing unit and integration tests, and supporting testing of deliverables against user and technical story acceptance tests
- Performing peer reviews, collaborating with architects and other developers to produce “just enough” design, and ensuring that enough technical documentation and training is provided for reference and operational support
- Documenting “tribal” knowledge and constant upkeep of the playbooks and runbooks to ensure teams get the information they need right when they need it.
- Managing technical debt as part of daily activities
- Developing and executing automation scripts and maintenance jobs
- Conducting peer reviews and maintaining coding standards
- Managing incidents as level two and level three support
- Managing problems as level two and level three support
- Estimating user and technical stories to help inform and prioritize backlog
- Designing modules according to user stories, UX/UI designs, and technical stories
- Developing solutions according to module designs and deploy using delivery pipeline
- Developing and execute unit and integration tests; support testing against user and technical story acceptance tests
- Reviewing design and architecture to guarantee service availability, performance and resilience
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field
- Three to five years of work experience in programming and /or systems analysis applying agile frameworks
- Experience working with agile methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban, XP, LSD, and FDD
- Strong knowledge of software architecture principles
- Experience working in cloud-native environments
- Professional experience and knowledge of the Telecommunications industry preferred
- Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) preferred
- Competency in UX/UI principles and practices preferred