Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Manager – VAS Product Development, the role holder will develop and integrate VAS Products & Services offered to Safaricom customers with the goal of delivering high quality solutions within approved schedules. VAS Products & Services comprise of all Value Added Services which include, but not limited to, Messaging, USSD, Content delivery, Voice (RBT, IVR & Media exchange), Video, Device management and IOT solutions.
- Development, configuration and integration of all VAS solutions/systems in line with the Digital IT strategy execution plan.
- Actively participate in defining strategy, roadmaps and architecture design for the VAS products.
- Embrace the new ways of working in VAS domain with the goal of ensuring 50% of VAS projects are delivered through agile methodology.
- Timely delivery of projects assigned with the goal of ensuring high quality standards are met and solutions are operationally viable. Responsible for ensuring First Time Right delivery of all solutions developed.
- Enhance processes and DevOps to improve delivery and increase efficiency by focusing on continuous improvement.
- Accurately document products & services developed & delivered ensuring they follow DevOps Cycle.
- Embrace a DevOps culture by ensuring all developed products and Services are gracefully handed to operations for support.
- Develop and continuously update a knowledge base of best practice for VAS products and Service development.
- Collaborate with both Technical and Business teams to ensure seamless deployment of products.
- BSc. Degree in Telecommunication Engineering/Electrical & Electronics engineering/Computer Science/IT.
- 2 years’ experience in a busy telecommunication/ IT environment or Software Engineering with good knowledge in development for VAS solutions including Messaging, Voice, Video & IOT.
- Software Engineering methodologies including Agile-oriented development.
- Proficiency in networking protocols – TCP/IP, DNS and load balancing.
- Working knowledge in Unix systems and Databases – Oracle, MySQL.
- Working knowledge of security encryption solutions – SSL, firewalls, VPN, IPsec
- Strong experience in programming/scripting language(s) – Python, Perl , Shell or equivalent.
- 3rd Party RESTful API integration, PHP, MySQL, SQL server, web service working knowledge preferred. Experience in the design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills.