Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is a global organisation dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. We work to ensure that everybody has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, war or disaster at home. Since 1950, we have faced multiple crises on multiple continents, and provided vital assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced and stateless people, many of whom have nobody left to turn to. We help to save lives and build better futures for millions forced from home.
The position of Executive Support Associate is located within a Division/Bureau/Entity or Office of the Representation/Head of Office. The role of this position is to provide administrative and secretarial support services to the Head of Office or immediate Supervisor, in order to ensure the smooth running of the Office and its flow and management of administrative and routinely information. This would involve direct contact with other staff members and contacts with the teams of high ranking officials, both within and outside UNHCR. The incumbent prioritizes tasks and organizes work independently based on direction from the Supervisor and has access to highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Arrange appointments and maintain Supervisor’s calendar, ensure attendance and well set up of meeting rooms, and screen telephone calls.
- Arrange meetings with high-ranking officials and official receptions given by the Supervisor.
- Ensure that high-level visitors are appropriately informed, that they receive background information as necessary, and that the necessary protocols are respected.
- Manage the flow of information to/from the Supervisor and other senior staff; identify priority matters that need to be urgently addressed or signed by the Supervisor. Follow up to ensure that appropriate administrative action is being taken by senior managers on tasks determined by the Supervisor.
- Prepare briefing materials for Supervisor for official trips or special meetings including agenda, travel details and background documents prepared by the Executive Assistant.
- Prepare informal translations if required.
- Receive screen, log and route correspondence, attach necessary background information and maintain follow-up system.
- Draft non-substantive correspondence and ensure follow-up.
- Type correspondence, documents and reports, etc., some of which are highly confidential.
- Select and make pertinent abstracts and undertake searches for information.
- Maintain a file management system according to UNHCR policies, including general and confidential files.
- Keep lists of names, addresses and telephone numbers of ministers, government officials and members of the diplomatic corps.
- Ensure administrative procedures (travel, hospitality expenses, etc.) will be timely concluded.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Certificates and/or Licenses
- Business Administration;
- Human Resources;
- Office Management or a related field;
Relevant Job Experience
Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
*MS-Drafting, Documentation, Data Presentation;
UN-UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations and Procedures;
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
Deadline is 24th March,2021