Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
I&M Bank is a leading commercial bank headquartered in Kenya with a growing regional presence. The Bank offers a wide range of commercial banking and financial products and services, and prides itself on introducing innovative products and services based on the needs of its customers. We are seeking to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual with extensive experience and abilities to support business growth in the following position:
REF:MCU/3/2021–LEGAL MANAGER-COMMERCIAL UNIT
The job holder will be responsible for ensuring that the Bank’s interests are safeguarded and secured from legal and contractual liability and also assist in conducting legal research and reviewing of existing and new statutes as well as advising on the new legal issues arising to ensure statutory and contractual compliance by the Bank
The Incumbent will report to the Senior Manager-Legal and will be responsible for:
- Providing Statutory and contractual compliance by advising the relevant Bank functionaries on the compliance requirements of new laws and regulations;
- Liaising with relevant subsidiary/division/department/unit of I&M where legal risks have been identified, to develop mitigating measures and implement remedial action.
- Formulating legal compliance checklists and matrixes to be used for undertaking legal compliance reviews and liaise with the various regulators to ensure compliance by the Bank.
- Conducting legal risk analysis and providing legal support for new and ongoing Bank projects and preparing appropriate legal risk reports for use by management.
- Providing advice and legal opinions on legal issues, risk and regulatory compliance and contract management strategy
- Supervising and coordinating the review of Contracts that the Bank may enter into with third parties
- Drafting and reviewing Contracts and Agreements on new products, security documents and other relevant documents;
- Follow up on the preparation of all Leases in regard to the premises owned by the Group Companies.
- Perusing and approving Licenses for ATMS, Bill Boards, Car parking’s etc.
- Ensuring registration of the bank’s IP;
- Ensuring proper and accurate lodgement of all security documents received in both the manual registers as well as electronic registers within stipulated time frame.
- Ensuring Bank policies are complied with pertaining to movement of security documents
- Ensuring that physical securities / documents are held in good order and properly arranged in the Securities Room.
- Ensuring adherence to the Bank’s Policy and procedures in the safety of securities/custodial process
- Assisting in supervising and coordinating the continual review and updating of internal legal and banking documents as well as procedures; and
- Supporting the planning, organisation and conducting of internal and external staff training sessions on legal issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Master of Law degree in Corporate Governance / Financial Services / Commercial/ Trade Law or its equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized institution; and
- Diploma of Law from the Kenya School of Law.
- Commissioner for Oaths and Notary Public;
- Admitted to the Bar; and
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- At least 8 years’ relevant experience in law and in banking.
- Ability to write complex letters, comprehensive reports and to perform complex calculations.
Skills and attributes
- Strong planning and organization skills;
- Strong people management and decision making skills;
- Good communication and negotiation skills; and
- In-depth knowledge of the Banking regulatory law.
If you believe you meet the above requirements CLICK TO APPLY for the position or forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should reach us as soon as possible but not later than 25th March 2021. Please quote reference number followed by the position applied for in the application.