Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kisumu County is located in Nyanza and constitutes 7 constituencies (Kisumu East, Kisumu West, Kisumu Central,Seme, Nyando, Muhoroni and Nyakach). Mission To transform the livelihood of the people of Kisumu county on a foundation of integrity through accountable, efficient and effective leadership that invokes participation and pursuit of quality services, for a prosperous county that is a harbor of excellence.
Department of Roads, transport and public works
The department requires the services of the following officers to assist in maintenance of roads within Kisumu County. Successful candidates will be engaged on casual basis
Job group CPSB 07
Vacancy No. KCPSB/03/2021/08
No of Positions: 13
Terms of engagement: 3 years’ contract
Reports to: Director Supply Chain Management
The officer will be in-charge of planning, coordinating, organizing and controlling activities in Supply Chain Management unit.
Specific duties include:
Managerial/ Supervisory roles
Monitoring the implementation of the Supply Chain Management Policy guidelines and procedures issued by the Directorate of Supply Chain Management from time to time and recommending appropriate action where necessary.
- Ensure correct interpretation and implementation of the procurement and Disposal Act 2015
- Assist in collation and analysis of Supply Chain Management requests that arise from the departments.
- Assist in the Pre-qualification of suppliers and maintenance of pre-qualification documents for record purpose.
- Carry out market survey and research to determine market rates
- Issue administrative guidance to suppliers and users on interpretation and implementation of the Public Procurement and Disposal Act, 2006 and other policies.
- Inspect, verify and manage procurement documents to ensure they contain the right quality and quantity of goods and services as per the requested specification.
- Participate in procurement planning and consolidation of annual procurement plan within the department
- Ensure effective inventory control of goods and assets.
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in procurement and supply chain management from a university recognized in Kenya.
- Have at least seven (7) years relevant professional experience in the Public Service or Private Sector
- Possession of a Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- Have served in the grade of Supply Chain Management Officer or incomparable relevant position.
- Be a strategic thinker and results oriented with excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Have ability to work under pressure to meet strict timelines
- Meet the requirements prescribed in Chapter six of the Constitution on leadership and integrity
- Must be a member of Kenya Institute of Supply Management (KISM) or Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supplies Management (CIPSM)
Skills & Ability
- Ability to interpret policy, procedure and data
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict timelines
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Method of application
Interested candidates to download and fill Application for Employment Form’ available on http://www.kisumu.go.ke and send in PDF format (as one document) to: kcpsbjobs03kisumu.go.ke latest by 5 pm on 1st April 2021. Do not attach copies of the certificates. Please note that as a result of measures put in place by the Board to curb the spread of Covid-19 pandemic, no application will be received in hard copy.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- The Kisumu County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer, the minority, marginalized groups and persons with disabilities who meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to apply.
- The board does not charge any fee for interviews or processing of applications. Report any person asking for money in exchange of appointment letter to the nearest police station for action.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted