Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kisumu County is located in Nyanza and constitutes 7 constituencies (Kisumu East, Kisumu West, Kisumu Central,Seme, Nyando, Muhoroni and Nyakach). Mission To transform the livelihood of the people of Kisumu county on a foundation of integrity through accountable, efficient and effective leadership that invokes participation and pursuit of quality services, for a prosperous county that is a harbor of excellence.
Department of Roads, transport and public works
The department requires the services of the following officers to assist in maintenance of roads within Kisumu County. Successful candidates will be engaged on casual basis
Job Group CPSB 02
Terms of Engagement: 3 years’ contract
Reports To: Chief Finance Officer
The officer will be the head of supply chain management and be responsible to the Chief Officer Finance for the efficient management of Supply Chain Management function.
Specific duties include:
Managerial/ Supervisory roles
- Implementation and interpretation of Supply Chain Management Policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Providing guidance on disposal of county Assets and coordinate the administration of procurement and asset disposal contracts.
- Preparation of budgets and work plans
- Providing overall guidance and contract design and management
- Advising on quality assurance on goods, works and services
- Co-ordination of consultations with county stakeholders of the public procurement and asset disposal system in liaison with the National Treasury and the Public Procurement Regularly Authority (PPRA)
- Co-ordinate monitoring and evaluation of the supply chain management function to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate the tendering process of various goods and services and monitor contract management by user departments to ensure implementation in accordance with the contract.
- Coordinate preparation of procurement plans and ensure consolidation of procurement and disposal plans
- Certify supply invoices and payment vouchers
- Recommend tender committee members for appointment by Chief Officers
- Spearhead performance management exercise.
- Implement Public Procurement and Asset Disposal procedures
- Promote preference and reservations schemes for small and micro enterprises (SMEs), minority and marginalized groups in county procurement.
- Promote preference and reservation schemes for residents of the county to ensure a minimum of 20% in county procurement.
- Maintain and update annually standing lists of registered suppliers and liaise with Public procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA) in respect of PPRA’s register of suppliers and procuring agents
- Maintain, safeguard and archive procurement and disposal document
- Introducing modern inventory management techniques, approaches and implementation of E-government strategy
- Act as secretary to all procurement committees
- Prepare and submit reports required by CGK and PPRA
- Conduct periodic market surveys, annual stock take and disseminate market and financial information to relevant officers
- Administer the scheme of service for county government procurement and supply chain management officers and capacity building
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or related field from a recognized institution.
- Possession of a Master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Must have at least seven (7) years relevant professional experience, five (5) years of which should be in a senior position in the Public Service or Private Sector
- Must have served in the grade of Deputy Director Supply Chain Management in the public sector or in a similar and relevant position in the private sector
- Have excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Be a strategic thinker and results oriented
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict timelines
- Meets the requirements prescribed in Chapter six of the Constitution on leadership and integrity
- Must be a member of Kenya Institute of Supply Management (KISM) or Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supplies Management (CIPSM) in good standing.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to interpret policy, procedure and data
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict timelines
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Method of application
Interested candidates to download and fill Application for Employment Form’ available on http://www.kisumu.go.ke and send in PDF format (as one document) to: kcpsbjobs03kisumu.go.ke latest by 5 pm on 1st April 2021. Do not attach copies of the certificates. Please note that as a result of measures put in place by the Board to curb the spread of Covid-19 pandemic, no application will be received in hard copy.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- The Kisumu County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer, the minority, marginalized groups and persons with disabilities who meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to apply.
- The board does not charge any fee for interviews or processing of applications. Report any person asking for money in exchange of appointment letter to the nearest police station for action.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted