Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kisumu County is located in Nyanza and constitutes 7 constituencies (Kisumu East, Kisumu West, Kisumu Central,Seme, Nyando, Muhoroni and Nyakach). Mission To transform the livelihood of the people of Kisumu county on a foundation of integrity through accountable, efficient and effective leadership that invokes participation and pursuit of quality services, for a prosperous county that is a harbor of excellence.
Department of Roads, transport and public works
The department requires the services of the following officers to assist in maintenance of roads within Kisumu County. Successful candidates will be engaged on casual basis
Vacancy No. KCFSB/03/2021/10
No of positions: 35
Terms of Engagement: Casual basis — sh. 800 per day
Specific duties include: –
- Maintain a daily attendance record of road maintenance team
- Liaise with Village Administrators on identification and supervision of road maintenance work -progress in the village
- Attend meetings at ward level to identify emergency road-work requirements
- Handle roadside maintenance program, resolve roadside defects with relevant technical assistance, implement tasks and prepare daily work load sheet
- Ensure constant availability of road maintenance materials as required.
- Monitor fuel distribution and maintain timely records for the same
- Document work load on the equipment’s used and roads maintained
- Monitor machine usage odometer hours in comparison with the work done.
- Ensure bush clearance and pot holes are identified and repaired
- Maintain daily register of labourers and submit it periodically to the village administrator (copy to the technical supervisor) for preparation of payroll.
- Maintain daily report on road activities
- Determine the selection and prioritization of village access roads for maintenance in liaison with the village administrator and the sub-county roads inspector.
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen and a resident of the locality with good geographical knowledge of the area.
- Minimum KCSE Mead grade of D- (Minus)
- Craft Certificate in Building and Construction, Civil Engineering or any other related discipline from a recognized institution
- Knowledge and experience in record keeping
- Knowledge in Road Maintenance or construction will be an added advantage
Method of application
Interested candidates to download and fill Application for Employment Form’ available on http://www.kisumu.go.ke and send in PDF format (as one document) to: kcpsbjobs03kisumu.go.ke latest by 5 pm on 1st April 2021. Do not attach copies of the certificates. Please note that as a result of measures put in place by the Board to curb the spread of Covid-19 pandemic, no application will be received in hard copy.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- The Kisumu County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer, the minority, marginalized groups and persons with disabilities who meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to apply.
- The board does not charge any fee for interviews or processing of applications. Report any person asking for money in exchange of appointment letter to the nearest police station for action.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted