Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kisumu County is located in Nyanza and constitutes 7 constituencies (Kisumu East, Kisumu West, Kisumu Central,Seme, Nyando, Muhoroni and Nyakach). Mission To transform the livelihood of the people of Kisumu county on a foundation of integrity through accountable, efficient and effective leadership that invokes participation and pursuit of quality services, for a prosperous county that is a harbor of excellence.
Department of Roads, transport and public works
The department requires the services of the following officers to assist in maintenance of roads within Kisumu County. Successful candidates will be engaged on casual basis.
Vacancy No. KCPSB/03/2021/09
No of positions -12:
Terms: Casual basis — sh. 1,500 per day
Specific duties include: –
- Ability to design road, culvert and interpret technical drawings and compute project requirements
- Carry out road maintenance site supervision
- Ensure effective implementation of work plan
- Carry out technical assessment of the roads within Kisumu County
- Prepare and submit project status report
- Perform oversight to the work being done by the contractors and road maintenance teams
- Maintain a systematic computation of project works
- Participate in technical meetings (PMC, Site Meetings)
- Ensure correct interpretation of BQs
- Ensure EIA is carried out before project commencement
- Ensure quality material is used at all times
Key requirements: –
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Diploma in Civil Engineering/ Construction Management or any other relevant qualification from a recognized university or college
- Computer literate
- Relevant experience of at least one (1) year in Road construction
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Method of application
Interested candidates to download and fill Application for Employment Form’ available on www.kisumu.go.ke and send in PDF format (as one document) to: kcpsbjobs03kisumu.go.ke latest by 5 pm on 1st April 2021. Do not attach copies of the certificates. Please note that as a result of measures put in place by the Board to curb the spread of Covid-19 pandemic, no application will be received in hard copy.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- The Kisumu County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer, the minority, marginalized groups and persons with disabilities who meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to apply.
- The board does not charge any fee for interviews or processing of applications. Report any person asking for money in exchange of appointment letter to the nearest police station for action.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted