Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The job holder will be responsible for ensuring accurate dispensing, patient counselling and proper handling of pharmaceutical supplies for all orders and to provide effective pharmaceutical services to meet student needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Scrutinize Patients Treatment Sheets and prescriptions for suitability of prescribed drugs in relation to dosing accuracy, drug interaction and route of administration.
- Provide drug information to patients, clinical officer, nurse and other medical staff.
- Timely and accurate posting of dispensed drugs for billing purposes.
- Place orders for stock replenishment to the pharmacy store to maintain optimal stock levels.
- Participate in regular monitoring of drugs for expiry
- Compounding, re-packaging and dilution of drugs according to laid down guidelines.
- Counsel patients appropriately to ensure adherence to drug therapy.
- Participate in stock taking exercise and ensure timely explanation of stock variances.
- Train and supervise pharmaceutical technologists’ interns.
- Enter prescription orders into the computer and making labels appropriately.
- Prepare periodic management reports.
- Receive drugs and verify against the stock transfer printout.
- Perform stock count and stock movement analysis.
- Shelving of items appropriately.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized institution.
- Registered with Pharmacy & Poisons Board with a valid professional practicing license. as per the provision of Pharmacy and Poisons Act (Cap 244).
- 3 years relevant work experience.
- Conversant with a Health Management System as an added advantage
OTHER SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of relevant professional standards.
- Keen on detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Counselling skills
- Customer service skills
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV and three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7th April 2021. KCAU staff are encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.