Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
AFIDEP is looking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Research & Policy Analyst (1 position) and Research and Policy Associate (1 position) to join our research team in an exciting project on Making the Case for Planetary Health in sub-Saharan Africa based in our Kenya office.
Research and Policy Analyst (PhD. Level)
The candidate should have a track record in the fields of environmental and climate change, policy engagement and advocacy, advanced skills in qualitative and quantitative data analysis with demonstrable experience in producing research reports, scientific publications and policy-oriented products and conducting policy analysis.
Qualifications & experience
- The candidate should have a Doctorate degree in the fields of Climate Change, Environment and Conservation, with interests and work experience interlinked with fields such as Public Health, Demography or related fields in the Social Sciences, with at least 3-years post-qualification experience
- Proven track record in policy engagement in the fields of environment and climate change.
- Have a proven track record in conducting research and publishing.
- Minimum five years’ hands-on experience in conducting both quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Demonstrable experience in publishing in peer reviewed publications.
- Conducting policy and political economy analysis
- Proven track record in evidence/knowledge synthesis and translation including the development policy-oriented products
- Minimum of five years practical experience in project management
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage with collaborators from diverse cultures
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data for both academic and policy outputs
Ability to work independently with an output-based mind-set
How to apply:
Candidates meeting the above essential and some of the desirable qualifications and experience can send the following:
- A motivation letter illustrating their suitability against the listed qualifications, competencies, and skills
- An up-to-date CV including three relevant referees
- Applications should be sent to email@example.com later than 28th March, 2021 with the title “Research and Policy Analyst – Making the Case for Planetary health in sub-Saharan Africa’’ or “Research and Policy Associate – Making the Case for Planetary health in sub-Saharan Africa’ as the subject line depending on the position of interest.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
AFIDEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.