Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in more than 35 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in Kenya since 2005, where we assist refugees and displacement-affected communities in Dadaab, Kakuma, Kalobeyei and Nairobi through protection and livelihoods activities to enhance their self-reliance and expand opportunities for a dignified life. DRC provides both humanitarian assistance and longer-term development support to respond to the needs of communities affected by acute crisis as well as those in protracted displacement situations.
Overall purpose of the role
The Supply Chain Officer is responsible for procurement of program goods, services and works; improvements in procurement functions; effective warehousing and distribution of goods and services from the warehouses to the program activity sites. The holder of the position reports directly to the Area Manager and provides day-to-day administrative supervision to the units’ Supply Chain Assistants.
- Timely procurement of materials/goods, equipment, services and works ordered by the project teams in a cost-effective and transparent manner in line with DRC procurement procedures and donor-specific procurement and related policies. In the process ensure that adequate consultation with suppliers to create realistic delivery schedules and compare actual deliveries in order to evaluate supplier performance and responsiveness.
- Fully participate in evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations and negotiated contracts in selection of consultants / contractors contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report. Prepare the RFQ and ITB relevant documents, as well as TOC (tender) reports for procurement & tender committee review.
- Ensure that all Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, RFQ and ITBs processed through DRC Dynamics contain correct and accurate information through review at every stage of the procurement process. Also ensure that procurement files are accurate and records are in compliance to DRC and donor procurement policies, filing system is properly established, all soft copies and hard copies of procurement files are accessible and manageable by auditors
- Lead the process of preparing contracts and amendments of contracts when needed.
- Participate in the joint verification of procured goods, services and works and to ascertain the items conformity to Technical Specifications and Quantities; constantly search the market for new suppliers that may provide better service or value for money for DRC.
- Maintain and update suppliers list using the Supplier Profile and Registration Form; participate in and facilitate the supplier pre-qualification process; Screen the suppliers in anti-terrorism databases
- Prepare and submit payments of suppliers to finance on a timely manner while ensurance complete documentation
- Track assets/inventory and ensure they are tagged and recorded in accordance with DRC regulations
- Ensure that assets/inventory is updated in the electronic property register on a monthly basis and that all staff/sectors comply with the laid down procedures regarding property management.
- Ascertain that correct procedures are followed in the disposal of all obsolete and un-repairable property items and conduct an annual inventory of all assets in the field office
- Ensure that all DRC assets/property are well utilized, maintained/serviced to minimize wastage/losses
- Ensure purchased assets are registered in the inventory database, as well as updating the assets database on a regular basis.
- Manage the incoming and outgoing stock according to DRC warehousing and stock Management standards.
- Implement appropriate stock control mechanism to avoid losses and pilferage
- Assist in ensuring all stock movements are documented sing DRC documents (GRNs, Waybills, Stock Releases, et cetera)
- Ensure all the stock discrepancies/damages are properly documented, investigated and reported to budget-holders and the Area Manager.
- Conduct monthly stock-take and reconciliations
- Ensure proper filing of the warehouse documents.
- Ensure that DRC vehicles are utilized optimally for project activity implementation, safe and insured.
- Review monthly fleet operational costs including fuel & lubricant consumption, spare-part usage and repairs.
- Make sure that all drivers are well trained on safety measures and attend refresher courses
- Maintain vehicle log books.
- Contribute to formulation of project budgets
- Work with teams to provide technical expertise on supply chain matters.
- Conduct staff training, coaching, motivation and other capacity-building
- Conduct staff performance appraisal and development
- Identify staff training needs.
- Communicate any change in policy on supply chain to all members of staff.
- Conduct supply chain briefings on a regular basis.
- Be the focal point between the organization and vendors.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in supply chain management – logistics, procurement, warehousing, inventory management, asset management. At least 2 years of the work experience should have been in NGO/INGO environment at supervisory level.
- Demonstrated experience of working with ERP systems;
- Excellent planning and budget development skills for multiple-donor environments;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in capacity building and mentoring of supervisees;
- Excellent communication and IT skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with different groups and nationalities;
- Previous experience in a refugee set-up and work in harsh environments;
- Bachelor’s in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics or other relevant degree.
- Professional qualifications such as CPA, ACCA, CIMA, MBA, Post-Graduate Certificate/Diploma in Humanitarian Logistics and/or Procurement is an added advantage.
- Training and experience in using Enterprise Resource planning (ERP) systems
- IT Training in advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, Acess)
DRC Core Competencies
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract: 8 months contract with possibility of extension, subject to funding and performance. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council terms of employment for National staff.
Availability: May 2021
Duty station: Dadaab (Position qualifies for RnR and accommodation)
Internal stakeholders: Support team, Programme Management Unit, implementing field teams, Area SMT, Country Office SMT
External stakeholders: Suppliers/Vendors, contractors and other service providers, Other NGOs/ INGOs, Implementing partners, UNHCR and other funding partners/donors
This position is for Kenyan Nationals only.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html)
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications, which should include a 1-page cover letter clearly stating their motivation, and qualifications and a CV. Applications should include contact details of three professional referees who have supervised the candidate in the last five years. One referee must be the applicant’s most recent manager. Only applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on http://www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. Applications should be sent no later than: 2nd April 2021.
DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, Female candidates and those from minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, color, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport
Danish Refugee Council does not charge any kind of fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents.