Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Laboratory and Regional Vaccination Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Pharmaceutical Assistant, the incumbent will be responsible for the pharmacy and laboratory store keeping and monitoring with respect to Migration Health Assessments (HAP) and other programmes implemented by the IOM Migration Health Division in Nairobi, Kenya and the sub-Saharan African region.
In particular the incumbent will:-
- Receive the materials supplied by the vendor as per the purchase order placed by the Purchase Department.
- Check the materials thoroughly for quality, quantity, specification condition, condition.
- Categories the materials and store in the appropriate locations, in easy retrievable manner.
- Take appropriate action for care and preservation of the materials, while maintaining the store neat and tidy.
- Perform periodic stock inventory, rotation and always ensure correctness of stock.
- Issue materials to the departments as per the schedule or needs and keep documentation of these.
- Pass the documents of the materials received from vendor and send it to manager for further processing.
- Facilitate the periodic review of the unserviceable or expiring materials and report to the supervisor for appropriate decommissioning or disposal.
- Prepare purchase orders for pharmacy and laboratory, catalogues these and follow up with the procurement unit on the progress.
- Prepare shipments to other locations, including in international shipments to IOM offices and clinics in the region.
- Assist in monitoring medical stock in the sub-Saharan African region via MedStock and report on position.
- Facilitate to stock transfers between different locations as may be requested.
- Maintain all the documents up to date, generate reports and submit to concerted managers.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Completed High School Degree/Certificate in warehousing/stock management/Logistics/Supply Chain or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience;or
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Degree or Higher in the above fields with one year of relevant professional experience
- Prior relevant experience in a similar position, with specific focus on logistics and inventory stock / supply chain management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the different elements of the supply chain in humanitarian context.
- Previous work experience in international organizations and companies would be an advantage.
- Computer literate, familiar with MS Office programmes, particularly with Excel and database applications.
Fluency in English is required.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application by sending a Motivation Letter and the updated CV to the email address KCOrecruitmentMHD@iom.int referring to this advertisement.
Closing Date: 01 April 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.