Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req13904
Job Title: Electronic Medical Records System Manager
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kakuma, Kenya
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Field Coordinator and technical supervision of the Design Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator and the Senior Health Coordinator, the Electronic Medical Records System Manager shall be responsible for the overall EMR activities in the organization. Specifically, he/she shall support the end to end implementation of the EMR at the IRC supported facilities. This shall include, requirement gathering, analysis, system design, development, operation, and sustenance of the EMR systems within the organization in Kenya. S/he will lead digital system innovation, reporting, linkages, and representation in the relevant technical working groups within the ministry of health. The overall coordination of digital health Intervention trainings, mentorship to both healthcare workers and administration.
- A key member of the core EMR implementation team taking lead of EMR activities, supporting the system as a subject matter authority.
- Serve as the main point of contact and EMR related issues to users including the physicians, health record officers and the senior management at IRC.
- Analyze and detail the requirements for the EMR, clinical workflow as they pertain to the implementation of electronic practice management and electronic medical record’s software.
- Prepare recommendations and/or alternatives that address existing and potential areas of improvements.
- Working with the teams at the facilities, generate the required structured and ad-hoc reports for consumption by the different partners such as MOH, donors, administrators, clinicians etc.
- Redesign existing workflows to use the EMR application system, document, review, and train staff on effective workflows to be embraced.
- Design and configure the electronic medical record’s software in the most efficient manner to support the clinicians and other healthcare service providers within the IRC facilities.
- Build, utilize, and implement customized training curriculum for the users of the EMR and train them on the features/ effective use.
- Coordinate the implementation of the EMR software at the IRC sites, detailing the approaches, lessons learned, challenges and mitigation.
- Participate in the planning, design, development and deployment of new application modules and improvements to existing EMR.
- Implement a collaborative EMR support mechanism using the appropriate tools to document user issues raised for action.
- Understand the EMR system, troubleshoot and/or raise technical errors that may occur within the system to focal IT personnel or EMR developer.
- Provide regular status updates to the senior management team, and advice the SMT on the right course of action for the EMR.
- Review the EMR use at the facility to analyze the impact of the system in the provision of healthcare services to the clients.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8 years’ experience is a must. A master’s degree in health informatics, Information science/Technology is helpful.
- 8+ years’ experience with EMR system assisting with system implementation and support required.
- EMR implementation experience in the either public or private health facilities in Kenya.
- Experience in digital health training to healthcare provider/ givers in Kenya.
- Previous experience with workflow analysis/documentation, requirements collecting, end-user training/support and system testing.
- Knowledge of digital healthcare system, Digital healthcare design principals.
- Ability to analyze data using software analytical tools such as excel, SPSS, Stata, KOBO, Power BI etc
- Ability to lead and coordinate teams for high performance.
Required Experience & Proficiencies:
- Experience and understanding of health information systems design, development, roll-out, and/or use.
- Ability to meet deadlines with quality products. Strong interpersonal skills; oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong management skills (Managing, motivating and developing staff)
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to appropriately lead and delegate work.
- Stand out colleague.
- Ready to work in difficult environmental conditions.
- Must be flexible and culturally sensitive.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must conform to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other encouraging benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.