Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Project Officer, Wildlife Cybercrime Investigations will support the Counter Wildlife Trafficking (CWT) team in the advancement of and AWF’s engagement in countering wildlife cybercrime. The Project Officer, Wildlife Cybercrime Investigations will also work with other Species Conservation and Science team members and other team members in various country and landscape programs as needed to contribute towards achieving overall goals. This position will report to the Manager, Wildlife Cybercrime Investigations and will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Work with the supervisor to coordinate AWF’s Wildlife Cybercrime Investigation Programs (WCIP).
- Coordinate day to day functions of AWF’s Cyber Forensics Research and Training Laboratory and ensure proper and efficient working and maintenance of equipment and software.
- Be vigilant to emerging cybercrime trends in the sector and adapting analytical routines to address the new risks.
- Support partner agencies to control, secure and reference evidence acquired during forensic wildlife cybercrime investigation.
- Support partner agencies with evidence and case management and record updates and uploads to the case management system.
- Monitor achievement and milestones of activities within AWF’s WCIP, including submission of Means of Verification for all milestones.
- Compile periodic reports for each project/grant as assigned
- Provide information and important updates to the communication and marketing teams to facilitate story generation and publication.
- Support the planning and coordination of logistics for Wildlife Judicial and Prosecutorial Assistance Trainings (WJPATs) trainings sessions conducted by the Cybercrime lead and other partners of the counter wildlife trafficking team (face-to-face awareness training, investigation trainings, cybercrime focal point trainings etc.)
- Participate in and facilitate the WJPATs, workshops and meetings.
- Document and prepare proceedings for WJPATs and workshops and minutes for meetings.
- Proactively share any information related to the above responsibilities with supervisor.
- Ensure compliance with AWF’s Human Rights Policy and Standards
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Criminology, Criminal Justice or any relevant Social Science. A Diploma with relevant experience will be considered
- Certification in investigations, cybercrime investigations, fraud examination or any relevant security or investigative field.
- Minimum of 5 experience working in the criminal justice sector, specifically in security, or investigations.
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential
- Must possess strong report writing skills.
- Advanced computer and internet skills.
- Must have a certificate of good conduct
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and also as part of a team.
- Experience working within a security entity is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Ability to work with partners, managing key relationships towards achieving specified goals.
- High degree of responsibility and accountability for tasks, projects, assignments, and commitments including meeting strict deadlines.
- High level of confidentiality
- Commitment to AWF and its mission.