Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
BBC Studios is the most awarded Production Company and the biggest independent producer in the UK. The Documentary Unit teams produce a wide breadth of content including; The Met, Crimewatch Roadshow, Imagine…, Thatcher: A Very British Revolution, Lucy Worsley’s Secrets of the Royal Palaces, Rip Off Britain, Paddington: The Man Behind The Bear, Big Narstie’s Big Adventure and much more.
We are looking for a Production Manager to work in our development team on a 1 year fixed term contract, overseeing the development process to create the next generation of documentary shows.
The team requires production management support across a large and diverse portfolio of ideas. Budgeting, forward planning and often, quick turn-around staffing form a large part of the role.
BBC Studios is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and we particularly encourage applicants from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds
This is currently a working from home position, though part-time office presence may be required at one of our four base locations (London, Cardiff, Salford or Glasgow) once everyone returns to the office.
As an experienced Production Manager you will manage the Development team staffing and budget, oversee taster shoots, and write budgets and schedules for all development ideas.
The role will be involved in working with the full development team to tailor their ideas to fit a tariff and doing revisions of budgets and suggesting changes to hit available funding and delivery deadlines.
You’ll also be managing the budgets on some funded developments as well as the company development budget. You will arrange taster shoots and edit, hiring in kit, complete callsheets, book editors etc. Plus budget and schedule new ideas, from landmark history, documentary and specialist factual series, to factual formats, digital content, to daytime shows such as high-volume/low-cost and will then work closely with Production Managers to ensure smooth transition of projects from development into production.
You’ll drive innovation, change and ensure continuous improvements are implemented throughout the production process. You’ll thrive on remaining calm, organised and focused, and naturally you’ll have excellent influencing, persuading and problem solving skills.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced in budgeting factual landmark series, factual formats, digital content and daytime shows
- Experience of delivering a range of productions across Factual content
- Excellent influencing, persuading and problem solving skills
- A thorough understanding and experience of delivering to third parties including rights & complex deliverables
- Excellent project management skills and proven experience of helping to deliver large scale projects with complex filming requirements
- Proven track record of being organised and responsive in fast paced environments
- Demonstrates strong organisational and planning skills and manages conflicting demands to meet deadlines.
- Strong negotiating skills, able to influence, manage and negotiate deals and contracts in line policies and guidelines.
Contract type: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Location: London, Cardiff, Salford or Glasgow
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits– We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
Closing Date 28 March, 2021