Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This position will manage the development and implementation of all data management duties in the Accelerated Value chain Development Project (AVCD II). A strong emphasis is on data collection, integrity, data analysis, data management, reporting and dissemination to key stakeholders. The Incumbent shall track and document measurable outputs and intended outcomes generated by the project to which s/he shall be assigned by the project coordinator.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS
The ideal candidate is detailed oriented, self-driven and has strong leadership skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
A. Data management, analysis and utilization for learning. (50%)
- Summarize/ aggregate data at County/PO/Cooperative level and contribute to organization-wide aggregation.
- Manage all data properly in clean form, and analyze to use for project management, learning and meet all the reporting needs.
- Manage the Data based on ODK guidelines for project Monitoring Collect and manage data to support AVCD II project logical framework design/Review, target setting, and progress management.
- Ensure timely data availability and reporting to stakeholders as needed.
- Support in the documentation of lessons learned, successes, failures and best practices via case studies.
- Support Heifer wide research for Learning when needed.
- Elevate MELS-related challenges to Business Development officer .
- Assist in monitoring and verifying the quality and accuracy of data collected from the field.
B. Support AVCD II Project effectiveness: Data management, monitoring, evaluation, learning and systems for AVCD II Project (40%).
- Enforce the utilization of data collection tools /systems for the project
- Produce system generated monthly reports
- Disseminate data collection tools, plans and processes for all required information, ensuring high quality and integrity of data.
- Support project officer on alignment of AVCD II data management and procedures with organization’s (Heifer and ILRI/USAID) standards and requirements.
- Assist in networking with other development organizations, governments and other line agencies in promoting Heifer’s and ILRI/AVCD development model/initiatives, and potential collaborations.
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress reports.
C. Capacity Development (10%).
- Equip FOAB/PO/Cooperatives, management and staff with skills to deliver data management activities efficiently.
- Orient and build FOAB/PO/Cooperatives capacity in data management activities including proper record keeping.
- Supporting project officer in enhancing FOAB/PO/Cooperatives for efficient work and maintaining compliance.
- Assist in coaching and training to equip FOAB/PO/Cooperatives to deliver the assigned responsibilities efficiently.
- Work with the PME Manager in planning, designing and undertaking program evaluations and other programmatic assessments.
D. May perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree in Statistics/project planning, Monitoring and Management, Economics and/or Statistics.
Minimum of Two (2) years of direct relevant experience in data management in agricultural value chain project setup
- Demonstrated experience in the management of Data, analysis and interpretation of the data.
- Experience in supporting and monitoring field-based programs in the region.
- Experience in managing databases and coordinating evaluations, surveys and impact monitoring.
- Demonstrate high level capacity in data collection using ODK, Survey CTO etc. and analysis using advanced computer packages (SPSS, Stata, Epi-Info, GENSTAT etc.)
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Innovative, analytical, and solutions-oriented.
- A good understanding of and sensitivity to issues associated with poverty, hunger, agriculture and the environment, and knowledge of the context in which non-profit organizations operate
- Excellent organizational skills, including strong attention to detail.
- Proficient knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail (Microsoft Office preferred) and Internet.
- Strong knowledge and skills in data management and analysis using statistical software’s (eg. STATA, SPSS, SAS, EViews, etc.) and management systems: Survey CTO and ODK
- Demonstrated proficiency in English, both oral and written.
- Experience with ICT.
- Ability to work in a team.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Ability to understand, appreciate and implement Heifer’s Values-Based Holistic Community Development model.
- Demonstrated creativity, ability to think systematically, willingness and ability to incorporate innovative solutions.
- Quantitative and qualitative approaches to evaluation and ability to communicate MEL concepts clearly with leadership, partners, and staff at all levels.
- Willingness and ability to assign and review the work of direct reports and to use participatory management skills with junior and senior staff.
- Proven team leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to train and work cooperatively with a diverse staff, including field staff in various locations.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the public.
- Working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks with little supervision while meeting sometimes inflexible deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to travel.